Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cruise disruptors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This really sux... i mean... isn't disruptor supposed to cut cruised Engine and disrupt incoming missile as defend? As far as i know, the cruise disruptor should destroy the missile (mine, torpedo and other CD) only if it is fired in the correct moment. Then why can i actually disrupt for example 10 mines, or missiles which arent even fired on me with only one CD. There is no logical, neither realistic point in it.
To put it simple... CDs have a large explosion radius. Explosives take only a little to blow up. The CD explosion triggers the explosives, they blow up. Simple as that.

This is a side-effect of the large explosion radius. It doesn't any more logic. It doesn't exactly "disrupt" explosives, it just blows them up. Any other explosion can do that, they just aren't so large.

If you want some extra "realism"... the Cruise disruptors are designed to disrupt massive ship engines. What that does to a tiny missile engine and guidance electronics in a wide area is "KABOOM".
' Wrote:To put it simple... CDs have a large explosion radius. Explosives take only a little to blow up. The CD explosion triggers the explosives, they blow up. Simple as that.

This is a side-effect of the large explosion radius. It doesn't any more logic. It doesn't exactly "disrupt" explosives, it just blows them up. Any other explosion can do that, they just aren't so large.

If you want some extra "realism" story, for a better placebo effect... the Cruise disruptors are designed to disrupt massive ship engines. What that does to a tiny missile engine and guidance electronics in a wide area is "KABOOM".

There is something logical about this... but please tell me, how can this "shockwave" reach missile which is 4k from me? How could so small missile actually create so big wave.
' Wrote:There is something logical about this... but please tell me, how can this "shockwave" reach missile which is 4k from me? How could so small missile actually create so big wave.
The shockwave won't reach 4k from the explosion center. The missile could fly 4k from you though... The CD with the largest explosion radius is Reinforced CD with its 550m.
' Wrote:4k

Uh, what?

Far less than that, you probably saw it in a large lag spike.
' Wrote:This really sux... i mean... isn't disruptor supposed to cut cruised Engine and disrupt incoming missile as defend? As far as i know, the cruise disruptor should destroy the missile (mine, torpedo and other CD) only if it is fired in the correct moment. Then why can i actually disrupt for example 10 mines, or missiles which arent even fired on me with only one CD. There is no logical, neither realistic point in it.

And thank God for that. And for missile and mine spammers xD
' Wrote:And thank God for that. And for missile and mine spammers xD

Have you ever heard something like: With spamm against spamm? ^^
Don't get me wrong. I despise spammers too. It is just strange that i need one wasp, to clean out entire battlefield of all missiles etc.
' Wrote:And thank God for that. And for missile and mine spammers xD

Indeed, love it when people try to lay mines around me and end up killing themselves or an ally thanks to my little CD. As a matter of fact, I've never even mounted a mine dropper, always used the mines of my enemy against them.
CD activates one of those mines, then that mine activates next one.

It's a chain reaction.

Same with missiles: It hits just one missile which then activates other 3 (or 4) depending on the type of spammer.
' Wrote:Indeed, love it when people try to lay mines around me and end up killing themselves or an ally thanks to my little CD. As a matter of fact, I've never even mounted a mine dropper, always used the mines of my enemy against them.

Yeah i know... Unskilled pilots which cant evade them using flying skills need this :P
Pages: 1 2