Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Speed upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
in the next MOD version is there a chance of a speed upgrade?

also whats the chance of seeing if you can get more NPC fighters attacking you on missions?

Cheers

BULLDOGNK

Rogueideas Freelancer 24/7

The Place that will only run the Discovery MOD (nothing else beats it)
Speed upgrade has been discussed before. I don't know Igiss plans regarding it.

The number of NPC will not be increased. There are a lot as it is now, and having a lot of NPC causes higher server load, hence lag.
In fact, i think that a reduction in NPC patrols might be made in crowded systems to diminish lag and increase the number of players the server can take before lag kicks in.
' Wrote:Speed upgrade has been discussed before. I don't know Igiss plans regarding it.

The number of NPC will not be increased. There are a lot as it is now, and having a lot of NPC causes higher server load, hence lag.
In fact, i think that a reduction in NPC patrols might be made in crowded systems to diminish lag and increase the number of players the server can take before lag kicks in.

ok thanks for your input
Yeah 350 m/s is fast enough for me. BTW, I love the extended docking range. Thx admins!
I believe Igiss has mentioned somewhere that he will not be increasing the speed any further than 350.

Quite frankly, I don't see the point in going any faster, especially with the large ships that are available in this mod. It's hard enough travelling through asteroid fields in one of those things.
Yeah, ever tried going in a Battlestar 2 through an asteroid field with speed mod??? *Twitches* Bad memories... Still gives me nightmares.
Theres no big secret to flying thru asteroid fields, just slow down.

I find going thru a field at about 30 to 50 is alot easier then trying to go thru at 90 and I'm not even going to mention at 350...

Of course if someones shooting at you going slow won't help, so the other bit of common sense is this:-

Go around them.
I did it on purpose, I was bored in my LAN server.
350 is fast enough generally speaking.

As far as asteroid/debri fields are concerned, if you *have* to fly a large trader (transport or bigger) and you want to do it fast......use CTRL+V.

This takes you to 'Cockpit View', you literally see the game from the cockpit of whatever ship you are flying.

For Traders, if you are going to have to go thru a field of some sort and you are carrying 'perishables' this is the fastest way I know of to do it.

Hit CTRL+V and HAND FLY your ship thru the field. You will be amazed by how quickly you can fly thru tricky fields.

My best effort: loss of 5 on the run that ends at Cambridge.....in a Prison Liner!

EDIT: this was flying AROUND the 'hull eating' zone of the Neutron Star in 41 ;)
ive never lost more than 4 in my train the tip is when approching an asteroid wait till the last second to pull your tail up this means theres less chance the cockpit part will hit any thing and the tail is the easyest bit to move
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6