Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea: The KoS list displayed in game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would say 2 people per faction being able to add names to it. Sometimes vacations, sickness, etc happens.
Don't we already have something similar to this called IFFs/Tags?...
' Wrote:Don't we already have something similar to this called IFFs/Tags?...

Yes, not everyone has a hostile one of these that has broken the laws of an area of space. Also keeping your IFF from being hostile to people you are pirating, in places you are pirating and in places you are smuggling is currently pretty easy. If it was not so easy i would not be proposing this.

Also what about people in the same or a related faction as you that break the laws, like an LPI officer caught and prosecuted for taking bribes?

Another issue is you cant attack someone because of IFF. This would bring a reason to attack, from the forums, into the game.
Well, there's the small proportion of people that are pirate IDed with no tag/Freelancer tag, who can be identified by name...everyone else (should) have the corresponding tag before their name, indicating themselves to be hostile to the local law enforcement or not.

As for people within an allied faction, this should be resolved in RP...an LPI officer charged with corruption would be tried and sentenced on the ground...they wouldn't have a chance to get into a ship, let alone go around with an IFF...

As for not being able to attack based on IFF, true...but you can attack anyone if you have an RP justification to do so...

I'm just having a hard time seeing what benefits this provides
So would the KoS-ed people only appear to certain IFF - Id-ed players i.e. LN or to everyone? in certain systems?

I think it is a good idea, but it has potental to be abused by people who just powertrade, then get LN id and tag, add the player to KoS list and then keep Cap-whoring them. - Just a thought:D
' Wrote:Well, there's the small proportion of people that are pirate IDed with no tag/Freelancer tag, who can be identified by name...everyone else (should) have the corresponding tag before their name, indicating themselves to be hostile to the local law enforcement or not.

As for people within an allied faction, this should be resolved in RP...an LPI officer charged with corruption would be tried and sentenced on the ground...they wouldn't have a chance to get into a ship, let alone go around with an IFF...

As for not being able to attack based on IFF, true...but you can attack anyone if you have an RP justification to do so...

I'm just having a hard time seeing what benefits this provides

' Wrote:So would the KoS-ed people only appear to certain IFF - Id-ed players i.e. LN or to everyone? in certain systems?

I think it is a good idea, but it has potental to be abused by people who just powertrade, then get LN id and tag, add the player to KoS list and then keep Cap-whoring them. - Just a thought:D

I think restricting it's use to one or two people per faction would help keep everything in RP. Also you cant RP trials for people who arent on the forums. Also, try sanctioning a pirate for an improper IFF, I doubt you'll be able to. That and they can be pretty easily hacked by unlawfuls, seemingly. And what about smugglers.

Many factions maintain KoS lists. This would just allow people to not have to memorize everyone on them or print them out and have them readily available. It would also encourage more forum RP, me thinks, as this would be necessary before one of the people with access to the list could add to it.
Good idea in theory, bad idea in practice. Implementing it to the game with no restrictions will have people adding people for minor disagreements. Adding it only for certain players will cause an uproar about people being biased or unfair that only a few select people may use them. Giving it to official factions only will make independents and unofficial factions whine about it too.

All in all, great idea. But I can't see it happening. Remember we live in the world of the internet, and some people here act without thought of consequence or respect for their fellow human beings. In an environment such as this the tool will be abused, and we don't need more rules to control its' use.
' Wrote:Giving it to official factions only will make independents and unofficial factions whine about it too.
This is the direction I am taking the idea so I will just respond to it.

I really dont care if the people who control it are in the faction or not. I just want 2 or 3 players that are deemed responsible and that will respond to posts on the thread and based off of posts on the thread decide if someone can be added to the KoS list or not. They could even require screen shots.
' Wrote:Good idea in theory, bad idea in practice. Implementing it to the game with no restrictions will have people adding people for minor disagreements. Adding it only for certain players will cause an uproar about people being biased or unfair that only a few select people may use them. Giving it to official factions only will make independents and unofficial factions whine about it too.

/signed.
So wait, whats wrong with it now? The power should be shared. People should really only end up on the list for breaking laws, which are clearly defined in most areas of space.
Pages: 1 2 3