Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Server Population
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the first time since joining this server, I logged on to a different server because the official Disco server was full. At other times I've been able to wait a minute or two until someone logs off and get on, but not today. I realise is a holiday and everyone has a lot of free time right now so I will be hopeful things settle out about after the new year.

I seperate this from the "Whats with all the Noobs" post because it is a different issue. I believe it is up to the server veterans to initiate our newer less experienced role players-not ridicule them. That being said, we have an over populated server now.

I've heard talk of further upgrades to the server but nothing concrete. The last upgrade was a great success so that would be good news.

Thoughts please.
Well, If it came to upgreades, I would gladly try and donater to the server to try and get them in place as fast as possible. I hope that we can get this server back running the way it was before.

Thanks Wolfpack, for staying with the server all this time.

Verginix out
The server can't handle more than 45 players right now. We think that the problem might be caused by:

-Something in the mod.
-IFSO being cranky (we are going to try another server manager)
-Lack of processing power. But that would be strange as the processor never reaches 100%.
If the server can handle 45 people as you say, Korrd, then why was it bumped back down to 32? 13 extra slots could make a big difference.
<Wolfpack in Server Status Thread>
Quote:I found a bit of the problem with the instant reboots.. the extra ram stick and the 42-players was part of the issue. The other part is the mod itself, I believe. I have the new memory ordered, but the company I ordered it from has it back ordered till mid-Janruary, so I'm tied until I get it.

So once the memory is installed, barring any other problems should be back to 45 players, meantime its take a number.

<grabs 164732> "Now Serving Number....3" :wacko:
The extra slots made no difference, as the server has been crashing at random as of late, and I've got contacts on other servers that say their servers are experiencing the *SAME* issue.

There *IS* a problem in the mod. What it is, we don't know. That's something Igiss will have to work on.

As for REPEAT crashes at regular intervals and the lag.. I think it's heavly caused by modders. Now I have options to eliminate this threat once and for all, and I'm almost 90% certain we'd lose a good majority of our base if we implement this, but I'm hesistant to try this until we can tell, for absolute certainity, the problem is directly related to the mod.

I will post more later. It's New Years, my day off, so i'm not doing any admin stuff today.
I'm glad the server is being worked on. No rush, Admins bet holidays too...
Hmm. Well, I have noticed there are ceartain things that happen when the server crashes. I have heard that sometimes it crashes when you kill someone, when you dock at a base, when you use a jumpgate. Its a lot by random.

Its odd, but like Wolfpack says, it must be a glitch in the mod.

But anyway, its new years. No rush.
' Wrote:I think it's heavly caused by modders.
That's a near certainty, I'm afraid.

Well, if you or Igiss need any help, I have lots of free time on my hands and I have loads of experience working with FL. Feel free to ask me if there's anything I can do to help. I loathe cheaters... I mean, seriously, I can't stand them and I consider working to stop them a very good use of my time.

-Caius