Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Natural Selection! (Recurring Gathers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, Gentlemen,

the Natural Selection Community "lerk.de" will host recurring gathers on every Monday at about 17GMT. As you may have guessed already, the constant releases of new games over the last 10 years have caused some casualties among our ranks and we are now making our gathers an international (or rather inter-European) event.

Here are the facts:

What?
  • Natural Selection: CLASSIC
When?
  • Every Monday - 17oo GMT
Who?
  • Euros ONLY.
  • People fluently speaking German or English
  • Mic/Voice required
  • 12 Players - 6on6
FAQs:

Whats a "Gather"?
  • Its basically like playing Soccer with your School Mates. You gather some people, assign two captains, let em select the teams and have them change sides once in a while.
wtf is Natural Selection, dude?
  • Its a Half-Life mod working via Steam. Its a RTS-FPS mix. The Marines are Commanded by (surprise) the Commander and rely on ranged Weaponry, Explosives and Researching stuff like jetpacks and heavy armor Suits while the decentralized Aliens rely on Melee Attacks, Speed and evolving into higher life forms (You can become a fat-a** alien with 500hp which is able to _eat_ marines. However, if the marines manage to hunt it down in time, their comrade will be free once again (and stink)). Both Struggle for numerous Recourse points and "Hive Rooms" around the map. Games can take 10mins-4hours depending on the strategies the teams use (rush vs turret farming etc)
    In short: Its deep.
Howdy Partner! why can't I participate?
  • Because we assume that you will have a ping >80, which spoils the game. Sorry. Partner.
If you wish to participate, please confirm in a post that you are a Euro with a mic and I will send you my Steam-Name via PM
I am so glad you posted this. I had completely forgotten about NS. Without doubt the best mod ever for Half-Life. I will see about getting it all reinstalled.
I remember playing NS, I loved using the sound macros with the Aliens to mess with the Marine Players. More fun than killing them hehe.

I dunno though, I just got a little stale after a while. Marine players would build the "Optimum" base layout and Aliens would know all the best ambush points and I spent all my time just working my way between those positions until a base/hive cropped up and then spam the heavy stuff in there.

I might consider coming back, but with TF2, Freelancer and Fallout sucking away all my gaming time...

*Edit*
Screw it, for such a short download and for just 1 day a week ill be about. Expect a Darkard on your servers
Errr... cant really think of a way to prove my Europian-ness though. Im from England, err...
Also your website is in German, I wanted to read things:(
I won't waste my time re-installing it because I'll get kicked right away for a ping of 180.
Sorry. Anyway, It was a great game.
Oh, and about the macros. Those were good times.
alright then - what I forgot to mention in my PM to you guys is that you please respond with your steam names so I know who the hell tries to add me;)

Don't forget that the UK is now at GMT+1 during Summer time. If you have any questions regarding the upcoming match and the voice usage feel free to put em here.