Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: kadesh freighter replace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i had an idea for the freighter placed in the HF thread - but quickly realized that it would be a good deal too simple. - so that is the revised version.

[Image: kadeshlightfreighter.png]
what i tried to achieve was the feeling of a workhorse rather than a beauty. - so the idea of a single container tug is still dominant in this design. - for that idea, the vanilla repair ship was the new basis - with its four automated arms.

another influence is the CSV with its sleek rear. - without the container, such a ship would be quite small and light. - its meant to be a bit like an ant. - being able to carry a lot more than it looks like. - the current barrel-like container is more a placeholder... i d replace it with a replica of a vanilla container.

edit: from what i know - the kadesh freighter is in use by quite some people - so that time, its important to get feedback ( that wasn t really too important for the HF, cause no one uses it anyway )
It's new, original and fresh. Haven't seen anything like it in-game yet and I sort of like it.
Looks like a good idea... the ship clearly shows its usage for transporting goods.
What do you think of making the cargo pod more like a barrel?
I dont see any reason for its cylindric shape.
It remembers me to an older Transport-helicopter.

...just a proposal...
Honestly, as a user of the Kadesh Freighter, it's a good model, but I'd like the replace to be of the same style, same goes for all the replaces I think. People often use these ships because the styling fits their RP.

It's a good model, but I'd rather see it as a new model, and the Homeworld replaces sharing similarities with the originals.
Has "Scrubby Bus" painted all over it.

I can haz to replace "Ugly Betty" on Shasta?

Nice.
Brilliant, though the tail could use a tiny bit more bulk.
Interesting Concept, it needs a BIGGER engine, it looks a bit underpowered for that Bee. And would it be possible to have a single Cargopod like on the Trains in the place of the Barrel? So players could choose their own Pod. And with a 500 Cargo it would make a good starting ship.
Oi! You stole our tail! Give it baaack!

Nah , just kiddin , it looks great. But i have to agree , the engine looks a litle too small for the load its carrying.
About time someone started replacing the ugly homeworld ships.
The design is very unique and interesting, I like it.
It looks more like a dock worker to me. I really cant see this ship moving cargo between systems. It seems like it would be to frail and have not nearly enough engine power. Like it wouldnt be able to maneuver fast enough to avoid pirates and wouldnt have enough armor to weather their attacks.

It also looks fairly out of place compared to other ships in the mod. Other than the tail it really doesnt look like anything else in game. I mean it is great and creative on it's own, I just dont think it fits in with FL.
Pages: 1 2 3