Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Re-visiting a rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:and speaking of that, there's no rule that says something like "no abusing the game mechanics" such as docking/undocking in a JH to not have any damage done, and so on.

Well there is a rule about that specifically:

5.11 Using F1 in a PvP fight or to escape pirates/terrorists, as well as in any other situations that involves player interactions, is not allowed.
Docking repeatedly with a jump hole or jump gate in order to avoid PVP is not allowed.
If you lose server connection during a player interaction, you should get back in game quickly to continue the interaction, with the other player's permission. If that is not possible, then post on the forums and PM the players involved.

Slug I was the freelancer ID'd IMG bomber that you where chasing,

it started with a GS pirating a trader so i told him to back off and he engaged.
after a short time I had to leave combat as id lost a few weapons, when suddenly out of no where 1 cruiser 2-3 gunships and about 4-5 bomber/fighters where on my tail engaging me without a notice AND cruising to catch me up, I never made it out of range because as soon as I got 2k away you guys cruised up to blow me up.

You spoke to me in game, I told you exactly the same thing.
Read the rules before you play, Luckily for me an ADMIN was watching you guys do this the entire time and so they threw you into bastille.
I had the same situation on a patrol with another lawful player (nevermind the nicknames, it's all about situation).

He, tha navy officer, was catched up by two unlawful fighters and a gunboat so he called for back-up.
When I arrived he was fighting with those fighters and a gunboat was watching the show. I immediately asked them to leave or I open fire (I was in a cruiser) but instead of listening, hehe, the gunboat engaged me.

I kicked it a bit with battle razors and mortar and in the meantime the other officer got reed of those fighters. Since he was in a bomber, he engaged the gunboat as well.

Now is the most important part: when the gunboat player understood he's outgunned, he thrusted away.
I was fighting in a turret mode for a while so before I realized he's fleeing he managed to get away enough to avoid my gunfire. The other officer in a bomber catched up with him (as his thrusting speed was greater than the gunboat's) and when he saw that the gunboat flees he disengaged the fight.

The gunboat moved further and further away and finally got at 12k distance.

Now, the smartass guy told us that "he didn't flee, we were not good enough to stop him:cool:, and he didn't break any rule since he did not dock, did not engage cruise engine nor entered a trade lane".

So, the only point in the whole rules that uses a word "flee" and it's abreviations is:

Quote:5.6 If a player engages cruise engine or docks with a station, jump gate, or trade lane during a PvP fight, this player has fled the fight. The fleeing player must leave the system and may not re-enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) while the enemy (player or players involved in the fight) remain in the system until four hours have passed from the time the fight ended.
Using cruise engines to catch up with those capable of thrusting at higher speed than you is not allowed. Trade lanes may be used to pursue or catch up to other ships under any circumstances, even if the other ship has not yet fled as described above.
The fleeing player can fight in self-defense if attacked again while attempting to leave the system after fleeing.

So here is a request for Admins - please kindly clarify whether thrusting away from a battle is considered fleeing or not. In this situation there as a huge hole for under-interpretation that some of the players find funny to abuse. And somehow I'm alergic for that kind of people, maybe it's because of my origin...

Thank you in advance.
The problem is, in larger fights, people might end up scattered all over a system (worse case...). You could easily end up 7-8 k from the main fighting "area". It would be sort of dumb to set a distance as to whether you have fled the fight or not. Engaging cruise and/or docking is clear enough rules regarding fleeing status to me. And it clearly states that you cannot engage cruise to catch up to targets that can thrust quicker than you - which is to keep capital (or the like) ships from hunting down fighters/bombers.

Personally I never consider anyone thrusting away from combat as fleeing, unless they clearly state they've had enough.

But a clear distance as to when you're allowed to cruise in order to catch up an ongoing skirmish that you've somehow been seperated from would be nice, if it's at all possible to have one.
Pages: 1 2