Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Finding Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning,

The boards look good, however with the amount of message traffic finding information in my view take considerable amounts of time. An examples of this would be the bounties thread. If I may ask way isn't that a forum unto itself? With the individual posting the bounty with the key information and then locking it once some has excepted the contract similar to the in game mission job postings. For example:

Forum Name: Discovery Bounty Contracts (or something to that effect)
Topic Title: Bounty Contract on <Player Name>
Topic Description: Contract Open, Contract In Progress or Contract Completed (depending upon status, this would have to be updated accordingly by the poster)

Message body would contain the particulars for the contract etc.

Again once some takes the job lock the post until its complete. I could be all wet here but this (in theory) would be better than scanning through pages of text to see who hunting who.

v/r

Sargon

Ps Do bounty messages always come through the console in the form of a broadcast?
That would be a good idea. Although, it will not be a very crowded forum... Bounties here are rare. But with the amount of new people here, that may change...
Sargon... You've got something wrong about BOUNTIES... No one person takes them. Anyone with the right ID (Freelancer/BHG) should be able to take the bounty.

Though, it might not be a bad idea to make a whole forum. Of course, my old thread (before Ant made that one...) worked better, in that I kept it up to date on what bounties were where. That was the whole point of my "Random.Bounty.Network" character... Alas, no one cared.
Well, Virius is right, people with bountys are allowed to be atacked with anyone with a FL or a BHG ID. I think what your talking about its contrtact kills or assasinations.

It's all the same I guess, good Idea.

Verginix Out
I've been mistaken before and I will be mistaken again. I'm not suggesting that bounties are limited to one player that takes the job. I just say by making each bounty its own topic you dont have to read through 11 screens of stuff to find out whats going on.

Sargon

' Wrote:Sargon... You've got something wrong about BOUNTIES... No one person takes them. Anyone with the right ID (Freelancer/BHG) should be able to take the bounty.

Though, it might not be a bad idea to make a whole forum. Of course, my old thread (before Ant made that one...) worked better, in that I kept it up to date on what bounties were where. That was the whole point of my "Random.Bounty.Network" character... Alas, no one cared.

Ok I'll bite, Random.Bounty.Network character? :huh:

Sargon
Sounds like a good idea.

Would a subsection be possible under the FL roleplaying part of the forum?

Difficult to keep track of all the bounties, although I have been trying to keep the first post in the bounties topic up to date.
' Wrote:Ok I'll bite, Random.Bounty.Network character? :huh:

Sargon

Now tagged [RBN]-MobileHQ. But basically, back when I ran the "Bounty Thread" I had that guy set up for those who wished to post "anonymous" bounties. That character, in-game, would pay the Hunter who got the acquisition. Never been used... Except as my personal storage (which is all it really is).
' Wrote:Now tagged [RBN]-MobileHQ. But basically, back when I ran the "Bounty Thread" I had that guy set up for those who wished to post "anonymous" bounties. That character, in-game, would pay the Hunter who got the acquisition. Never been used... Except as my personal storage (which is all it really is).

Don't forget the random 'bunny' bounties. Where you hosted it and a volunteer was the bunny. Which I think we should do again. Maybe we can get admins to fund it instead of making you do it.
That is a good idea.
' Wrote:That is a good idea.

On an other server I've seen it done authomatically. The player wanting to be a bunny typed something like /bountyprey. The server told him the system and the base he had to reach and warned anybody that a certain player was acting as bunny and was heading to system XY (without specifing the base).
Then there was a prize (increasing with the number of people connected to the server when the hunt beginned) and a price (usually something like 1/2 or 1/3 of the prize taken from bunny moneys). If the bunny was able to reach to dock to the final base he got the prize, if anybody else was able to kill the bunny, then the hunter got the prize.

In addition we could add that if some players are acting as hunting group the prize should be shared between the hunters.