Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery CTF Event Concept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a concept idea that drew its way into my mind today.

It is essentially a Capture the Flag style game in our Discovery! We all need a little bit of variety right?

Here is the basic blueprint for the concept.
  • Location - Omicron Lost This is for no NPC nuisances and no bases.
  • Faction - Any opposing, primary Omicron/Omega based for RP (Do we care there?)
  • Amount of Players - Preferably an even amount over 5 per side.
  • Ships allowed per team - One Mother ship (Battleship/Carrier/Cruiser/Juggernaut) No Bombers, rest are fighters any class.
  • House Rules - No SNAC's or Nova's, Mini Razor's Allowed; two missile launchers maximum (less spam and lag hopefully). Ship CAN run away to 9k and return to the fight. Destroyed fighters can re-arm and re-enter the battle for this event. The Mother ship can restock fighters with supplies, varying from ammo to bots and bats. Not allowed to start a battle with bot/bats, you must go to the mother ship for those. i.e. Do not autobuy or purchase any bots and bats from Freeport 11.
  • Details - This game it to 'Catch the Train'. To catch the train, one team must have cleared the area of fighters to a certain level. If a team consists of five enemy fighters at the start, and three are blown up the Train moves at maximum thruster speed toward the 'dominating' team's Mother ship. In this sense its a mix of domination and CTF. Also to ensure the game doesn't last forever.

To score, the dominating team must get the Train within a 1k range of their mother ship in order to transfer 500 Artefacts to the Mother ship, then it returns to 3k of the Omicron Delta jump hole to the 'Green Neutral Zone' where we continue until all the Artefacts are gone. The train will carry 1500 artefacts, so the one to capture the train best of three times is the winner.

Note that the mother ships must remain stationary and out of the actual combat unless the enemy gets within its firing range. Also, taking on the mother ship directly is not allowed as it serves as a 'base' or 'capture point'. But it fires at you. That's another reason why SNAC's are not involved, to not engage completely against the mother ship.

When you are destroyed, you return to Freeport 11, where you engage your cruise engines and race to your mother ship, once there you may rejoin the battle. Think of this as a lengthy re-spawn, also you may only acquire bots and bats from the mother ship, this ensures that strategy is needed, and that overtime, the battles will speed up.

The Train pilot is neutral to all, a civilian if you will, or a smuggler caught in the greater scheme of things, he/she is not allowed to engage any ships as his guns can be damaging to a fighter class ship. Also, the pilot can only engage cruise engines once he has 'given' 500 artefacts to the mother ship, and must race to the neutral zone by the jump hole. When dominated by a team, the pilot must speed at 120 or max train speed outside of cruise. When there is no dominating side, the pilot must come to a halt. Creating a contested battle for the train.

When a victor is decided, the losing team must plunge into the local sun or not fight back. Think of this as a losers penelty just like in Team Fortress.
Now then I think I have covered a lot of bases with this one, but knowing my, I've missed something. Feel free to ask, and offer advice.

This is Fletcher, the Welsh ignoramus.

EDIT: Oops almost forgot to post the image to help as a reference:
[Image: OmicronLostB.jpg]

The green zone is the Train's start position.

The other two zones are where the opposing mother ships are stationed, not too far but not too close.
I completely endorse this idea, and call it epic win. I just have one small gripe, and that is that now I need to go A) Make a new Sabre, or B) fly my Harvester out there.
' Wrote:I completely endorse this idea, and call it epic win. I just have one small gripe, and that is that now I need to go A) Make a new Sabre, or B) fly my Harvester out there.
We could also try Connecticut. I wouldn't mind that also, that would be a more fast paced version.

EDIT: Only quibble with that is possible lolwutter intervention, but a local admin may solve that. But we can't rely on them. Time is a precious resource.
We could always station a few non-lolwutting caps and bombers on the sidelines if needed.
' Wrote:We could always station a few non-lolwutting caps and bombers on the sidelines if needed.
They're like the Swiss, you don't know whose side their on until its too late :crazy:

But meh, that is a possibility I suppose.
Only Boss has an opinion on this? Come on people! Surely you have an opinion on this concept gametype.

Feedback is always appreciated, good and the bad. *Sorry for double post, yell at me later*
Nice Idea

Prehaps do it in the 'Arena' in Omega 5 with Corsairs and Hessiens. Would be intresting for smaller fast paced engaements. Could add some RP also. Use however Cruisers as motherships though .

' Wrote:Nice Idea

Prehaps do it in the 'Arena' in Omega 5 with Corsairs and Hessiens. Would be intresting for smaller fast paced engaements. Could add some RP also. Use however Cruisers as motherships though .
Omega 5, is that the system with the ring minefield sort of thing? If so, that would make a good place for a CTF, close quarters and small ship engagements. Also a smaller range too, so its faster paced in general.

Thats also another good possibility to Connecticut.:)
' Wrote:Omega 5, is that the system with the ring minefield sort of thing? If so, that would make a good place for a CTF, close quarters and small ship engagements. Also a smaller range too, so its faster paced in general.

Thats also another good possibility to Connecticut.:)
Yes it is. Two major bases their for both factions.
Mines, rocks, sabre and titan hulls, etc.

One problem... If its in Omicron Lost, thats like, 80K from nowhere. Thus, unless you wanted a reaaaally short 5v5 (ex.) skirmish... Eh, it'd be a bit short lived.

Thus, I endorse Connecticut.

-Edit- Figured I'd add this so it didn't seem like I didn't read... I know its for a 'lengthy respawn' but thats like... a 5 minute flight, easily. 0.o

-Double Edit- OH! Other than that, I like the idea.
Pages: 1 2