Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: More Terrorism...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who else is confused on the fact that there are only a couple of ID's that actually read as terrorists? All the other unlawful ID's are pirate ID's.

So, as a unioneer, folks who typically shoot at everything to get back at republican and life in general, I MUST demand cargo/money befor being allowed to engae another Player? It says right in the Unioner Description that they are terrorists. However, the ID says pirating only.

Gaians are the same. Definetly have the storyline of terrorists, but are resticted to "asking for money" before they can open fire. Xenos and Phantoms are the only true "terrorist" ID's, however, they are far from being the only terrorists.

Kinda hard to RP as a terrorist wen I'm required by server law to demand payment before firing.

Your thoughs, please.
Well, I don't know how it works exactly...

But I guess, you asked for money at the forums :)
Is there a need to repeat the question in space ?
I also would like to know more about it.
In my eyes, the question for money is asked. Very clearly and the RP does the rest - not ?

M
The reason I've asked for money on the forums is so that people will understand why im asking for it in space. Things said/done on the forums do not transfer directly into ingame, thus i must ask for money in space. i don't actually want the money, i want to kill traders, as is my RP, but because of the server laws i must ask for SOMETHING before i can shoot. You see my dilemma?
The reason this is the case is:

Even though Unioners are terrorists, they will ask you do drop your cargo if you fly into them, and they want your cargo. (NPCS)

There are too many terrorist factions in FL, that would rather kill than steal. Thus, this might discourage people from trading/having fun in a nice community(but not too nice)[Regular nice]{With missiles and laser guns}.

The ransom money is a way out for the traders.

List of terrorist organizations in Sirius:

• The Blood Dragons
    are a terrorist organization supposedly descended from the royal guard of Shogun Hideyoshi -- deposed during a coup several centuries before -- and are dedicated to the overthrow of the current Kusari government.
  • The Gaians
    are a terrorist faction opposed to any alteration to the natural environment of a planet, specifically those brought about through terraforming.
  • The Golden Chrysanthemums
    are a terrorist organization seeking to the overthrow the Kusari government and institute a matriarchy.
  • The Mollys
    are a separatist group committed to freeing the Dublin system from Bretonian rule through violent attacks on civilian, commercial, and military targets. (doesn't use the word 'terrorism' but that is what this means, anyone mentioned IRA?:lol:)
  • The Unioners
    are a terrorist group composed of dispossessed Rheinland shipyard workers who engage in brutal reprisals chiefly against Republican Shipping.
  • The Xenos
    are a loosely affiliated terrorist organization opposed to any trade or other interaction with foreign entities.
so, if these people come and just ask for money and start shooting me or first shoot my hull to 1 bar left then ask money to let me live... I can understand...
Yeah, but first the person being shot at has to:-

A) understand what RP is,

B) not try to F1 out to save their ship,

C) actually have bothered to read a few of the IDs before deciding on one to use,

D) not get all bitchy when they die after refusing to pay,

E) all of the above (everything in 5s, mal should be happy)

So if you run into a player who has no idea what RP is, or doesn't care about the RP and just wants to fight then it'll fall down, otherwise it should be fine.

Most traders, after they get attacked once or see another trader die, just base-camp until the pirate/terrorist goes away.

So finding a trader is gonna be harder then killing one.

Also, my understanding of why theres only two true terrorist IDs is because they'd let you shoot anyone and everyone for little to no reason.

The xeno ID is there for anyone who wants to be a 'true' terrorist and kill everything in sight, the phantom ID is for the phantoms because the xeno ID doesn't fit our RP (the xenos hate everyone bar the zoners and the IMG, the phantoms RP says we're friendly to all pirates/terrorists).

The xenos are the only NPCs who seem to shoot more then they demand cargo too.
I think he's right though, its silly for ANY terrorist to have to demand money in order to kill people. And with the NPC's, they all have the same programming, it just depends how hostile you are with them. Everyone is typically hostile with Xenos, so Xenos tend to shoot all the time.

I think that at least the Unioner and Gaian ID's, and one or the other of the GC or BD should be changed into a terrorist one. That way, all the houses have a terrorist faction/ID.

The mollies tend to act a little more like pirates than the gaians, and I don't think that there should be more than one terrorist faction per house.

From what I know about the action over the last couple of days, it took lots of explaining as to exactly WHY Vlad was shooting. And even then, they werent too sure exactly what a Unioner was. Many people think that trading should be 'safe', however, if you want to play on an RP server, you should be prepared to RP all the time.

A unioner yelling about the people of rheinland over system chat shouldn't be met with "D00D! i'z tryna trade here man, piss off!!"

To help counteract the Terrorist ID's, perhaps we could restrict them to gunboats and below only? Would make some traders happier, and makes it so you cant just run around in a BS going "Im a terrorist, do what i want"
' Wrote:I think he's right though, its silly for ANY terrorist to have to demand money in order to kill people. And with the NPC's, they all have the same programming, it just depends how hostile you are with them. Everyone is typically hostile with Xenos, so Xenos tend to shoot all the time.

I think that at least the Unioner and Gaian ID's, and one or the other of the GC or BD should be changed into a terrorist one. That way, all the houses have a terrorist faction/ID.

The mollies tend to act a little more like pirates than the gaians, and I don't think that there should be more than one terrorist faction per house.

From what I know about the action over the last couple of days, it took lots of explaining as to exactly WHY Vlad was shooting. And even then, they werent too sure exactly what a Unioner was. Many people think that trading should be 'safe', however, if you want to play on an RP server, you should be prepared to RP all the time.

A unioner yelling about the people of rheinland over system chat shouldn't be met with "D00D! i'z tryna trade here man, piss off!!"

To help counteract the Terrorist ID's, perhaps we could restrict them to gunboats and below only? Would make some traders happier, and makes it so you cant just run around in a BS going "Im a terrorist, do what i want"

I guess you've got some points.

1) Let me ask a question: since "pure" terrorists for sure do not trade nor smuggle, how do they rise money if they do not pirate or harrass others? Unless they plan to hack the server in order to raise money, they need to pirate; thus I don't think its very strange they do so.

2) Terrorist usually want to reach political results; thus it vould be more kin to reality if they pirate traders in order to afford the expenses to fight regular houses forces. Only in specific cases (e.g. a specific trade route that has some political implications) traders would be a legitimate target in itself.
Otherwise, why a non-affiliated neutral trader should be attacked by terrorists if they are not interested in pirate or harrass him? It's not a relevant political target. In real world, did you ever herd of any terrorist attack against a cargo train (or a cargo ship) full of bread, wood, iron ore or any other good, when no passenger was on board? If it happens... it's quite an exceptional case.

3) Finally, from an RP point of view it would be not appropriate to see a terrorist inside a BS. Terrorisms is supposed to be an "asymmetric war" strategy... but if a terrorist faction can afford the same level of weaponry of the houses, why should they stick to asymmetric wars? In real world they would start a conventional war if they would be able to afford Carriers, Thousands of Tanks, hundreds of Nuclear missles and so on.

These are my 2 cents.
Oh lord no! Not this again....

...any excuse just to fly around and shoot everything in sight...

Sort of like a certain group of PvP junkies who only use the RHBomber...
' Wrote:Oh lord no! Not this again....

...any excuse just to fly around and shoot everything in sight...

Sort of like a certain group of PvP junkies who only use the RHBomber...

Yap... it is really annoying... we should write down in the fourm a short introduction: "What is Role Playing and what's boring st......y" and ask people to read it before joining the server.
Pages: 1 2 3