Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Grand Turismo 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As Im sure most are aware of this video, but for those that arent here it is anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2uQ2ayvvWY&fmt=22

Now, the question, is it worth it? Most people around have either gone for the PS3 or the Xbox 360 depending on mostly the games for it. With this solid PS3 exclusive I can see PS3 sales having a minor fit from those that never bothered with a PS3.

Personally I didn't see the point in buying it after the 360 as it didn't offer enough to warrant the still fairly high price tag. Now with yet another exclusive of this magnitude I find myself inclined to purchase one, even if I never touch Blu-ray at all.

For those that either have both or just went with the PS3, then yet another title is coming you way. I can see this beating GRID by miles. If you take a look at the graphics for a moment, you can even still a frame in that video (in HD) and show it to someone that isn't aware of what it is and they would think it was real, especially for people that don't play games. Along with the graphics is the painstakingly researched Car characteristics that brings the game even closer to reality.

This really could be the best driving simulator to date. Ultimately, how many of you lot actually are going to buy it? If so you even going to go to the length of buying a PS3 just for it?
Im not buying a PS3 just for 1 game, I will wait for Forza 3 on the 360 personally
I WILL be buying a PS3 just for one game, and GT5 is the game I am buying it for.

I've played GT4 on average 15 hrs a week since about 2 days after it came out. I LOVE that game.

I do NOT have GT5P, i plan on waiting for the full game to come out.
you do know that is only half the game? the rest of the game is coming in november, this is like a demo to see how well it will sell.
One of the games I want a PS3 for. Could be the best thing since the original GT, but could be worst thing since GT Concept 2002.
With Forza and Burnout on the Xbox, I would save your money.
With Gran Turismo 5 and the Ratchet And Clank: Future games, I'd buy a PS3.
Well, how realistic is grand turismo 5? Or is it just an arcade? like many... Anyhow... to buy a "game box" just to play a game that is not avaliable on pc.... how lame is that?
I think the comments about the trailer are better then watching it. Reminds me of the we didn't start the flamewar video.
the new Colin McCray ( however you spell his name) game looks just as good, if not better in my opinion, anyway since when have we cared for looks, its the gameplay and community.

We are the ones playing freelancer which has graphics that are no where near as good as some other space sims i know of, but fl's gameplay is a lot better. So at the end of the day, gameplay, not graphics.

Simplez.
Pages: 1 2