Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mid sized capital ships with side torpedo's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A suggestion of a ship between gunboat and cruiser size that has side mounted torpedos (if thats dooable) Say between 4-7 on each side. The actually turret guns the ship would have would be about 2 maybe 3 average size guns to defend itself but not overly hurt small fighters, the torpedo bays will be mainly too hurt capital ships, plus it will add to the broadsiding strategy of the old wooden frigates. Just a thought.
' Wrote:A suggestion of a ship between gunboat and cruiser size that has side mounted torpedos (if thats dooable) Say between 4-7 on each side. The actually turret guns the ship would have would be about 2 maybe 3 average size guns to defend itself but not overly hurt small fighters, the torpedo bays will be mainly too hurt capital ships, plus it will add to the broadsiding strategy of the old wooden frigates. Just a thought.

Interesting, but i think that people would balk if you could aim the torps.

And, btw, you are thinking of a missile frigate.
A ship like that will be able to hurt battleships, and dodge battleship weapons at the same time. Hence, making anything bigger than a frigate obsolete.

No uber ships.
' Wrote:A ship like that will be able to hurt battleships, and dodge battleship weapons at the same time. Hence, making anything bigger than a frigate obsolete.

No uber ships.

Indeed, however, fighter sized ships can easily take it out since it cant manuever as well nor having the weaponry for it (paper/scissors/rock) concept
' Wrote:A ship like that will be able to hurt battleships, and dodge battleship weapons at the same time. Hence, making anything bigger than a frigate obsolete.

No uber ships.

With unaimable torpedos??

When i say unaimable, Iim talking about liberty cruiser forward gun unaimable...
' Wrote:With unaimable torpedos??

When i say unaimable, Iim talking about liberty cruiser forward gun unaimable...

Hmm... aimability depends by the size and the mavouverability of the target
Damn Guys ... Igiss spends his modding time making sure we dont get weapons and ships like this ...
The idea of the Discovery Mod is to be balanced as much as possible, so human skills not uber stuff
counts.
There currently seems to be enough exploiting of the odd little unbalances to last for a while ...

Hoodlum
Yes. That is my point.
It has to be the pilot, not the ship, what wins the battle.

Weapons that can be used without skill and have devastating effects are called noob cannons. (I.E: Sniper rifle in Counter strike, RPG in quake arena, nukes in starcraft, etc...). And we don't want those kind of weps here. They unbalance the game and makes the mod boring after a while, because once you get all the uber stuff, you become unbeatable... and that kills the fun of the game.
You mean things like the fighter/bomber mountable nova that does more damage than a Gunboat Battle razor?
Actually, it does more the a BS battle razor.... and cost 3 mil less, and can be mounted on almost any fighter... Its only drawback is the power and the weapon speed.
Pages: 1 2