Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some jump gates make my game crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Like the title says there are a couple Jump Holes/Gates that make my game every time I try to go through them, all of which I have tried multiple times. The problematic spots are the Leeds->New Berlin gate and the Tau-23->Tau-37.

Now I had a similar problem with mines. Certain mines would crash my game every time I'd see them in a shop. I fixed this by replacing the file.

Back to the problem at hand. Could this be a bad file in my FREELANCER directory? If so which files control the Jump Holes/Gates so I know which ones to replace? If I do have to pull a last resort and uninstall, is there a way that I could keep my account? I'd hate to lose all that time I already logged...

Thanks for the help in advance!
Try a re-install of Freelancer, and if that doesn't work, perhaps obtain another copy?

Back up your accounts using Freelancer Account Manager.
Make sure 3D sound is disabled. It can cause CTD while jumping through Jumpgates.
I read a thread that says pirates shooting the guns on trade lanes causes the next person to go through to crash. Donno if this applies, but it might.

Search for it.
' Wrote:I read a thread that says pirates shooting the guns on trade lanes causes the next person to go through to crash. Donno if this applies, but it might.

Search for it.
That isn't a problem anymore, their hitpoints were buffed extremely. 10 Battleships shooting a tradelane gun should make sure they have a lot of free time if they want to disable the gun.

To the original problem: Definitely check the 3D Sound, in your sound settings.
If you've somehow made a leeds>New Berlin Jumpgate, then it's probably the anticheat...

:P
' Wrote:Make sure 3D sound is disabled. It can cause CTD while jumping through Jumpgates.
I second that. Not just CTD tho, BSOD in my case.
Quote:If you've somehow made a leeds>New Berlin Jumpgate, then it's probably the anticheat...

Heh, New London. My mistake.

And sadly disabling the 3d sound didn't change anything. Looks like I'm going to have to find that install disk

:(
I was like leeds to NB???? LOLWUT?
' Wrote:I was like leeds to NB???? LOLWUT?

H4x.

I used to experience the problem at the NT>Honshu gate.
Pages: 1 2