Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: weird error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i tryed to deactivate the mod so i could play on some of the other severs but it says
Error: FLMM has determined that 'Patch for Discovery v4.82' won't properly deactivate.
Warning: unable to restore 'c:\program files\microsoft games\freelancer\data\ships\shiparch.ini' because no backup exists! (test run)
Error: FLMM has determined that 'Discovery Mod v4.82' won't properly deactivate.
Warning: unable to restore 'c:\program files\microsoft games\freelancer\exe\freelancer.ini' because no backup exists! (test run)
Error: FLMM has determined that 'Patch for Discovery v4.82' won't properly deactivate.
Warning: unable to restore 'c:\program files\microsoft games\freelancer\data\ships\shiparch.ini' because no backup exists! (test run)
Error: FLMM has determined that 'Discovery Mod v4.82' won't properly deactivate.
Warning: unable to restore 'c:\program files\microsoft games\freelancer\exe\freelancer.ini' because no backup exists! (test run)
now it says that its playing as ver 1.0 but mod manager still says its active so i carnt reactiveate it so whats going on
' Wrote:i tryed to deactivate the mod so i could play on some of the other severs but it says
now it says that its playing as ver 1.0 but mod manager still says its active so i carnt reactiveate it so whats going on

Did you activated OpenGL? In the Readme si clearly written that If you activate OpenGL when you deactivate it you need to restore manually the previous configuration. This is all that I know... anybody else?
My 2 cents...

p.s. I never activated mod different from Disco and I never experienced any kind of problem; now I feel I'm quite a lucky boy:).
you must have had another mod active if it doesn't want do deactivate properly.

anyway:
  • in FLMM, Tools>Restore Backups
  • if it don't fix it, reinstall
  • next time, deactivate by Tools>Restore Backups, a lot safer, never failed me
edit: Lorry posted b4 me, that's a possibility too
the other mod i have active is the disco 4.82 patch
right restoring backups worked