Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: figured i should ask
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what can a Freelancer id use tech wise am i limited to the zoner gb only(heard rumors)or would a liberty gunboat(as there obsolete and not produced so it would be a saved ship) be allright,also what guns could i use on her essentially could i just simply post a small request thread or would i need a full story special rp request? i mentioned im colorblind only some shades of red and green and the tech chart shades (at least to me)are way to close to eachother
' Wrote:what can a Freelancer id use tech wise am i limited to the zoner gb only(heard rumors)or would a liberty gunboat(as there obsolete and not produced so it would be a saved ship) be allright,also what guns could i use on her essentially could i just simply post a small request thread or would i need a full story special rp request? i mentioned im colorblind only some shades of red and green and the tech chart shades (at least to me)are way to close to eachother

That is a good point, I have several friends that are colorblind (not that they play here, but still...) maybe an updated version of the chart that uses "Yes," "Forum RP needed" etc. instead of just the colors is in order at some point.

In this specific case, Freelancers ID with Liberty Navy tech is White, meaning that the Liberty Gunboat "May be used only with posted forum bio/story" with that ID. Zoner tech is Green, so Zoner Gunboat is fine. Scanning the chart, the only other Green faction with a gunboat is, I believe, Independent Miners Guild (IMG), unless GMG got one this version. As far as guns go: Civilian, Bounty Hunters, Junkers, GMG, IMG, and House Police factions are Green. House Militaries and most Criminal Factions are White, and the rest (Notably Xenos, Phantoms, Order, Nomads and Blood Dragons) are Red.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of that.

Hope that helps.
so ive gotta fil lout that app and wait a year to get it aproved ...eiiight*thinks of what to do with jimmy patterson then*

Edit: does past rp count as its allways been " jims" ship when ii first got it (its in a story somewhere)he payed the 29 mil lto "reactivate" the vessel and get her starworthy provided the military put up there end "(ie modernized her all npc non player involved like" so technically he payed for the ship about 8 months ago now(way back when the 106th was around*

my question is this

LN allready aproved it ingame and my storys sorta inthe works for a "just incase" but does it need to be a current special rp request or just a bio/story?
' Wrote:As far as guns go: Civilian, Bounty Hunters, Junkers, GMG, IMG, and House Police factions are Green. House Militaries and most Criminal Factions are White

Sorry, but when on earthe were the guns divided up? Are you going to tell me Magma Hammers are Navy and Vengeance Police? I would say either you can use them, or you can't. Not such a questionable thing.
' Wrote:Sorry, but when on earthe were the guns divided up? Are you going to tell me Magma Hammers are Navy and Vengeance Police? I would say either you can use them, or you can't. Not such a questionable thing.

I'm not any sort of official Rules person, I'm just going by the chart linked to this thread:

Thread:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=39532

Direct Link to Chart:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p35...0upJbuLWZO7oTLg

To Jimmy:

I think you are confused. If you have a Freelancer ID, you can use Liberty Navy tech (guns and ships) with a Bio/Story posted to the Forums. Not a Special RP request. Special RP requests are a whole different ballgame. The way I read the chart, you'd only need a Special RP request if you wanted to use Xenos, Phantoms, Order, Nomads or Blood Dragons tech. For House Militaries and most Criminal Factions, you just need a Forum Posted Bio or Story saying why your character is allowed in RP to use that technology. For the other groups, you don't need anything, just go ahead and use them. Again, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: In my original post, I forgot to list Zoners in my list of freely useable guns for Freelancer ID, sorry about that.
Hope that helps.
' Wrote:Edit: does past rp count as its allways been " jims" ship when ii first got it (its in a story somewhere)he payed the 29 mil lto "reactivate" the vessel and get her starworthy provided the military put up there end "(ie modernized her all npc non player involved like" so technically he payed for the ship about 8 months ago now(way back when the 106th was around*

Assuming I understood it right, although you don't need a special RP, Admins generally aprove something long standing that has simply taken a change of nature, such as an in-game long-serving militarist retiring and taking a ship with him as part of a medal of service or something. If you're that concerned, check previous applications for Special RP.

Edit - Not so sure about the Vengeances myself, but I'm pretty sure Magma Hammers are Liberty Civilian, meaning any lawful civilians primarily of Liberty origin can use them, not just the Navy.
dark177 is correct. For a Freelancer ID/LN Gunboat combination (if it is white on the chart, which apparently it is) you do NOT need any sort of special admin approval, just a story posted on the forums. The admins are already busy enough.
thats kinda how im going about with my story fate of a fine lady : saveing the niagra falls jims retireing and hes takeing his first command with him (saveing her from the scrapper )as she was ironicly gonna be melted and broken down for replacemant interior panneling for his current ship the Ft louisbourg