Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate tax...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to cause an NPC who is asking you to drop cargo to only ask for a certain amount?

A set % of cargo or the like would be best; but the game automatically toggles a drop of all of a demanded cargo instead. This question is based partially on trying to add another degree of realistic npc action, the other is to avoid having a pirate call for a drop of your entire fuel source.
( ALL your H fuel or MoX for example...though if you're big enough to use MoX for fuel and you have a pirate hail you....)

Anyone know if the " call for drop " code will accept a % modifier to its straight up " drop X or I open fire.."?
It would certainly make more sense than having a handful of pirates, with a combined cargo capacity of a couple hundred units, demanding the full load of an LTrain.

Though I guess you could just drop... let them get their fill...then tractor in the left-overs. Don't know really. I always ignore them.
Actually, doing that gets you shot at.

Then again they shoot at you if you only drop 50 units too.

Theres no point in dropping the whole lot, only the one that hailed you will pick any up, and only the sabres and titans take about 50+ units.

The best way is to just ignore them, they have to drop outta cruise to shoot you, which is when they'll disappear off your scanner.

As for player pirates, they usually always ask for cash.

Though the number of greedy players with 200 million plus on their trader who refuse to hand over 2 or 4 million to be left alone is increasing.

It gets even worse when you consider the fact that their probably making 10 million + per trade run.

Maybe I should start blasting them again... the Desolator needs some target practice.

No demanding money or cargo, just shooting at them, then again most traders just base-camp when they trade route gets threatened...
Yeah I tested this out once. If you do dump your 1000 units of cargo as demanded, the lead NPC will tractor their 50-or-so units.... then they just sit there like idiots. I waited a whole two minutes, nothing happened. So I tractored my remaining 950 units, and so he said, "Awww the loot is gone!" And they started shooting. NPCs are real eejits.

: But what about those "pirates" who demand $200m from traders who only have five? Desolator might have much more fun....

o.
Those aren't pirates, their lawyers.

If you demand an unreasonable sum, just as an excuse to fire, then your on the wrong server.

You want a PvP server, not a RP one.

Then again, some people actually make unreasonable demands work, so I guess it depends on the player in question...
When you drop your loot for a pirate (or NPC police patrol) they'll just sit there with their little "white" tractor "beam" on it until you A) leave, B) kill them, or C) tractor it back in.

I like to drop it and have a friend tractor it.;)
Or just drop it before they can scan me! (Police patrols)
I really only drop cargo if im in a hurry and I dont really care if the random Junker squad demans my scrap metal. but I do think it could be Cool if they could demand set ammounts, according to their ship size.

Verginix out