Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junkers In Kusari
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I just earned my Junkers ID (hold applause please). I don't have the infocard open ATM, but I remember it said that I could only trade at BD and GC bases, and I could not land at any "Kusari faction owned base".

Not trying to play lawyer, but does this mean I can dock but not trade at the IC base in New Tokyo? Or the BH base in Shikoku? I can't think of any other exceptions now, but just wanted clarification.

The reason I'm asking is I'm planning a little field trip to go whack some Hogosha, and I'd like some bese selection on where to resupply & rearm. Well, that and I have a weakness for sake, so i might stay a while.
' Wrote:I'm planning a little field trip to go whack some Hogosha, and I'd like some bese selection on where to resupply & rearm.

dont use any lawful bases in kusari. and i dont think that the GC or BD would be happy with you drawing attention to them.
Roppongi (the IC base) is fine, but ballsy as hell. Kusari is inactive a lot, but if it is, expect to get torn a new one for landing there. Fairly certain you can trade to and from it, too. Deshima is okay, but probably not the greatest idea due to various long standing unfriendliness-es between junkers and hunters. Not sure if Okinawa counts as Kusari or not, but there are IC and GMG bases there you can land on, not to mention another BD base and the infamous GC BS. Okinawa is like a party for junkers. Get permission to go to Chugoku from a dragon. Ainu is basically cool though. Those girls just like the attention.
' Wrote:Roppongi (the IC base) is fine, but ballsy as hell. Kusari is inactive a lot, but if it is, expect to get torn a new one for landing there. Fairly certain you can trade to and from it, too. Deshima is okay, but probably not the greatest idea due to various long standing unfriendliness-es between junkers and hunters. Not sure if Okinawa counts as Kusari or not, but there are IC and GMG bases there you can land on, not to mention another BD base and the infamous GC BS. Okinawa is like a party for junkers. Get permission to go to Chugoku from a dragon. Ainu is basically cool though. Those girls just like the attention.

This, more or less. But stay off Deshima, Junkers just have no business there. A generally wise move is to play the game like everyone from every faction is present regardless of their actual presence. Certain things you would not do in the face of KNF or Hogosha players are also good RP to not do when they have better things to do than chase you around.

Kusari in general is a danger zone for Junkers, similar to being a Corsair in Bretonia with the added bonus of in-RP reprecussions against Yanagi and the loss of potential underhanded dealings with the GMG.
If you can get permission from the GC, you could trade into Tau-65 also.

In terms of Okinawa, it is geographically on the edge of kusari - politically it is a GMG system.

To get there though you have to come into Honshu - so your risk, your reward.
The advice above is something you might want to hear from others on before accepting it as accurate.

Dragon and Chrysanthemum bases are available if those faction players present don't have an issue.

I'd expect Deshima and Roppongi will be contested--Roppongi especially though you probably won't get invited by BH players to Deshima.

In Okinawa, the DSE and IC bases are debatable but very likely should be open.

IC, DSE and GMG could all allow a Junker to dock but have business-political effects to consider. They wouldn't allow piracy and lawless activity or anything that would bring negative attention--and Junker would do that.

Landing on lawful Kusari-owned bases in Kusari (or Farmer/Hogosha) is illegal--period. Whether anyone is there to tell you otherwise, its a mod rule now.
Roppongi lets Golden Chrysanthemum ships dock, I dont see why they would bar anyone else.
In terms of a quick 'dock and repair', you could use any number of bases such as Roppongi, Freeport 6, Holman Outpost if you are getting into the Taus.

Places for Junkers to trade/smuggle would include the Dragon/GC bases, as well as Okinawa.

As for bases to STAGE attacks - this is best done from the Dragon/GC bases with their permission, or from outside Kusari space altogether.

In short, if you are being chased - go for the nearest exit, dont dock on a lawful base. In RP terms any lawful base owner would be obliged to hand you over to the authorities.
If you want to 'base' off somewhere, go for Padua, Leiden or Ames in the south, or Yanagi if you want to come from the Sigmas.
is there any Junker friendly base that offers missions against Hogosha?
I was not in Kusari ever, I know that Hogosha is my enemy, but I met Hogosha player in Omicron once, and he was not hostile to me. There is difficult to meet hogosha npcs to fix this issue. It looks like Hogosha is some kind of virtual enemy, who we know they are enemy, but we never meet them because of they operate on the completely different ZOI.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5