Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: average Packageloss of 7-9 %
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Why is it that I constantly have Packageloss of 5-10 % and 7-15 fluct? And on the other hand, what can you do?

My Bandwich: 16K
Provider: in Germany "Alice Group"
System: XP SP2
WLAN with NETGEAR 54 Mbit transfer-rate

if you have some ideas for my prob, pls tell me about the solution.

In Fights against other players, it is often laggy and that makes no fun. The hostile player jump around me in Space and it is very hard do place a good shot with any weappons.

So what could i do?
The only way to decrease the loss, is to stop using a wireless connection. That is really about it ...

Hoodlum
Wireless is very handy, that is certain, but its reliability is nowhere near as good as Hoodlum said, a solid connection preferably via an Ethernet cable. Just don't exceed the range limit.
Thanks for the quick answer, I will try to make a LAN cable between the router and the PC to use and I will write this, whether it has worked.
Sorry for the double posting. I have now tried Lankabel and it is an improvement. Instead of 7-10% loss, I only have 3-5% loss, now.

Are there more ways to further reduce?
Would port forwarding have any effect on packetloss?
I dont have activate any Port Triggering or Portforwarding in my Router.
Sorry for Doubleposting

Just want to push up this Thread.

My loss is everytime 5-11%, thats make it impossible to fight against other players. I dont use W-lan anymore, and the average loss is 5-11%, i asked myself why?

Could anyone help me with my prob? it make absolutely no fun!!!!!!! pls help! ! ! ! ! !

All players jump around like rabbits on my Monitor! :crazy:

PS i just try out all! proof my internetconnection, proof my Routersetups, even loading another progs, were can do more Setups.
I suffer from this too. Granted, I'm in Alaska and the server is hosted in Prague (I think). If you quit all non-essential background processes, hook up a cat5 or cat5e cable directly to a modem, your graphics are turned downed and you're not downloading 20 movies while you're playing...you've pretty much done all you can do on your end. I've heard mixed and varied explanations to this but in my opinion if the person you're fighting has their graphics turned up, it'll make you lag that much more. I'm not really an in-depth technology person but I've heard long winded explanations from more than a couple people about, "yes, the other person's graphics affect your lag," or, "no, the other person's graphics settings don't affect your lag." If you do all you can do just take deep breaths, try to avoid large fleet battles, and relax.
Sure, i checked out all. Using a Cat5e patchcable 10m distance to my router. (Double shielded)

I'm not really an in-depth technology person too.

But there must be a way to decrease these Packagelosses. Other Players hit me even with minirazores, throughout they jump around in Space. It is impossible to strike them. :yu:

P.S. and to avoid a Massfight or Fights in generally, Can not be the problems` solution