Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junkers...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
' Wrote:Junkers are everyone's friends.
And everyone's enemy.

Anyone can attack a Junker and justify it somehow within RP.

Bounty hunter kills Junker, he may not be very welcome on Junker bases from then on.
Pirate kills Junker, he may not be very welcome on Junker bases from then on.

Essentially it's this. Junkers are power players in a sense. If a small group or individual attacks the Junkers, they can steamroll him by making him unwelcome nearly everywhere or just attack him.
If a larger group does it, they have an issue.
Junkers are semi-lawful. That means lawful and unlawful, mixed. You can attack them from any side but beware of the Roleplay consequences.
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at that. Bounty Hunters aren't welcome at ANY Junker bases, regardless of the circumstances. By the time you get the basic Bounty Hunter IFF, you're already red to Junkers. I think a large part of that has to do with the 'history' of most Bounty Hunters, because many Hunters have come from ... less than stellar backgrounds, is the polite way of phrasing it.
.:j:. doesn't touch BHG bases either, and it's very easy to go red to BH while repping a junker too.
' Wrote:By the time you get the basic Bounty Hunter IFF, you're already red to Junkers.

However, neither Junkers nor Bounty Hunters have to kill the other to get repped. In the process of getting an IMG tag, it is very easy to become full hostile to Mollys and Hessians...yet both of them land on IMG bases. Red=\=ded.
The question remains, either the Junker ID is Unlawful or it's Lawful.

Until that question is answered, non of this makes any sense.

Assuming it's a lawful ID....
The AFA bounty for example is only truly valid for BH in Kusari, a place the BH are not particularly welcome.
Why?
It's the only place Junkers are unlawful.
Anywhere else, it's considered an act of piracy to destroy a ship who is dealing legitimately in his location. Please note that unlawful ID's are never 'legit'.
With that in mind, any BH will have broken the terms of his ID.

On the other hand, if the Junker ID is illegal, his life is likely to be curtailed quickly, having such awesome PVP ships like the CSV and the mistaken and niave notion that they are the 'fences' for most illegal goods sold into the house systems (something which, accepting they are illegal, makes no sense).
You can imagine Junker after Junker flying up to Manhatten and getting destroyed one after the other because they still don't know...

I reckon Bens right. We need to know what side of the law the official face of 'Junkerdom' stands....officially.
Tinkerbell....you sir are beginning to scare me....but it does look fun, assuming all parties play ball.

Any chance of some input from the powers that be on this one?
The Order
Hogosha
Junkers

These 3 are semi-lawful factions.
Some consider them unlawful.
Some consider them lawful.

Why is it so hard to simply classify the Junkers as semi-lawful? IE both unlawful and lawful?
They are both after all, they cannot be put into a single one otherwise you cut out half of their faction and most of their roleplay goes down the drain.
Freelancer is full of grey areas and grey factions. It's rare to find a black and white conflict apart from the obvious Corsair/Outcast one and BH/Criminal thing, which is dodgy too even.
Bounty Hunters can land on junker bases, no reason why not.
If they are listed as hostile in RP though, then things change.
bounty hunters rather dislike junkers in-RP, I always thought.

And no house police are very fond of the junkers. It's well-known that they allow criminals to dock at their bases and that illegal activities go on there, but junkers themselves are rarely caught doing anything illegal. I can't see the police worrying too much if a bounty hunter takes down a junker.
I think police have to uphold the law? If they can't catch junkers don't anything illegal, then it doesn't make sense that they'd let them be killed and not care, personal opinions aside.
' Wrote:bounty hunters rather dislike junkers in-RP, I always thought.

And no house police are very fond of the junkers. It's well-known that they allow criminals to dock at their bases and that illegal activities go on there, but junkers themselves are rarely caught doing anything illegal. I can't see the police worrying too much if a bounty hunter takes down a junker.

Plus the Junkers give up various lower level criminals to the police, so despite the knowledge of illegality, they're useful.
I don't know why it hasn't been said yet, but I'll go ahead and do so:

Junkers are listed as being enemies with Xenos, Hogosha, and House Corporations. House Corporations! That means that we junkers are actually considered unlawful by House Corporations, according to the ID.

That being said, I still land on House Corp. bases (everywhere except for Kusari, that is!), because let's face it... they need us!! We are the faction that everyone seems to hate, yet you NEED us, haha!

Junkers are not lawful. They are shady scamps. They are pirates, smugglers, slavers, spies. Nobody likes them, nobody trusts them. They don't like anybody except other Junkers.

They are always involved in illegal activity. They make businesses with pirates. They have positive feelings with pirates and negative with corporations, hunters and navy. Their bases are always deep in the scrap or asteroids fields. Their guests are only bandits and pirates. They offer missions against hunters and navy. Some lawful stations offer missions against junkers. Navy provides rides against Junkers occasionally. How can they be lawful then?

But, they are tolerated by police, navy and secret service, because they are useful. They clean scrap fields, deliver materials, sometimes goods which are needed but cannot be get officially, and they provide knowledge about dark side of society.

Till Junkers don't do any illegal things publicly, authorities don't interfere in their business. But it doesn't make them lawful. And authorities don't care when somebody kill Junker. One scum less.

Slightly different position Junkers have in Gallia. Their services for Royals were very valuable, so they can set their bases in the open space near tradelane. But they are still scums. Other unlawfuls see them as traitors. Nobody trust them, and nobody likes them, and even lawfuls don't have positive feelings toward them.

That is like I see us - Junkers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6