Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoner Council - here's your problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
--Incoming Transmission--

--New York System, Liberty Space

Howdy, your popenesses...

I couldn't help but notice that you all have a Boil on Sight list. That, and you have some issues with people who should best remain nameless (or cabbages), and that have caused you NO end of grief in New York. Well, my friends, I happened upon a sight that I wasn't quite prepared to see...

And, once you see what I saw - as evidenced by this scanner shot - you'll understand why.

[Image: vacilo.jpg]

So - there's a bounty on smugglers in New York, and this ole' boy definitely had a cargo hold full of illegal artifacts. But he was showing both the Zoner Guard IFF AND had the Zoner Guard ID on him. Since we in the guild would, upon occasion, like to maintain at least reasonable relations with you people - I didn't immediately try to collect the bounty for this action.

Now, I'm well aware that bygones can be bygones - and this could be simple exuberance. But - it could also be that if someone else - say, a member of the LPI or the LN - saw this bozo, then he'd probably assume that ALL Zoners act this way.

Just a friendly bit of information being passed your way... I need to head back to the sound stage for some dubbing of my lines from the last episode, so I'll be on my way now. (And if you really care, I do have the original gun camera and scanner footage available.)

End Transmission

---- Incoming Transmission ----
-- Source: Corinth Station, Omicron 74
-- Sender ID: Shamus Brown, Zoner Guard

[font=Book Antiqua]
Yep.

I can vouch fer this hunter right here.
I almost rolled up my sleeves to go teach this here smuggler a lessin about Zoners and such.
But then I realized that my Dromedary wouldn't be much use against a train, and then I realized that I had a trip to Corinth to make anyways. I *wuz* gonna post a bounty right then and there on this train feller, but then I realized that I'd spent most of my money on Manhattan, buyin' some o' their expensive wine. Too expensive, extertionists, they are...

Anyways...
This feller got my blood boiled, that's fer shure... I'd like to see his cabbage boiled in any case.

You know all the bounties on us in Liberty?
That's becuz we got fellers like *him* tarnishin' our rep-u-tation.

Yep.

Somethin's gotta be done about these goldangered reputation tarnyshers, I think.
And soon.

Yep.
I'm done... er... out?

---- End Transmission ---
Comm ID: Malaclypse, Chairman, CoZ
To: Colt Severs, and all BHG in Liberty
CC: "Ian Collard", (One more bloody time!)

Subject: Green leafy vegetables

First, a brief aside: Brother Zoner Guard Brown, I will allow your indiscretion this once, sir. To my knowledge, you are not a Council of Zoners Member. Now, while you did not attempt to speak for the Council, and actually echoed my personal sentiments regarding this "Vacilo", I would appreciate your not intruding further, as this issue was not addressed to anyone but the Council. Thank you.

Now, Mr. Severs,

I realize that my positions and situations can be confusing.. I don't act as a "spiritual advisor" when wearing my Chairman's hat. I suppose I'm stuck with the "Boil on Sight" thing, as the TAZ orignally called their "Enemas of Eris" list by that name.

I am going to try to explain our present unique dilemma regarding Liberty, hopefully in a non-condescending and informational manner.

We recognize that Liberty, and indeed all the Houses, have the right to declare certain items as "contraband". We recognize their rights to issue bounties on those who smuggle this contraband. And, we recognize your Guild's right to pursue those contracts as well.

However, at present, the Zoner Community is also plagued with this ridiculous and insane "blanket bounty" issued by "Ian Collard Greens". One Hunter has in fact just today claimed a "post-dated" kill against a Zoner in Pennsylvania. Now, the Zoner in question may have been guilty of his own indiscretions, according to the Hunter's "evidence"; but it still galls that we are unable to persuade "Collard" to rescind this affront, even in the face of overwhelming opposition from the Liberty Community.

As to this "Vacilo" fellow, he falls into the "cabbage" category of vegetables, and I can assure you that the Council would not so much as raise an eyebrow at his "collection", under the Legal and reasonable laws, and bounties issued, by Authorized lawful forces in Liberty. He smuggled, he should get what he deserves, Mr. Severs.

While that was a rather long-winded "position statement", I hope it clarifies our Council's current state of frustration on the one hand, and complete agreement with your rights and concerns on the other.

Thank you, sir,

Malaclypse, Chairman
for the Council of Zoners
*shuffle shuffle*

Meh..

"Vacilo"?

Let him flap in the winds.

*shuffle shuffle*
Onboard the Manta fighter that he customarily flew, Colt looked at the last transmission from the Council of Zoners.

He thought that at times they obviously had partaken a bit too much of synthetic marijuana, but all in all, they still were decent people. And that one woman that he'd encountered out at Freeport 3... Thank goodness they didn't know about that back in the studio offices, or he'd never live that one down.

"Better make sure the camera crew is ready for some interesting action shots," he thought. "This ought to help the ratings a bit if I can take out a smuggling transport - AND help with the Liberty police, too."

I see a bounty hunter working as police in liberty? hahaha, i cant stop laugh.

Static
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Colt.Severs

You must be getting bored or something. Chasing around Zoners for contraband cargos? I'm curious, did Ian Collard of Interspace Commerce offer you some flax to harass us? It wouldn't surprise me any. My patience for people of late has worn thin.

As the last transmission stated, "hunt for bounties." It is what you're supposed to do isn't it?

Dr. John Henry Holliday
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Aurelia Silvan
Recipient(s): Holliday, Severs

Doc, calm down a bit.. You didn't read Mr. Sever's full report. He was -not- going after Zoners because they are Zoners. He was working under the Liberty Government's legal, sanctioned, reasoned, and justified bounty on smugglers operating inside of Liberty.

The Council of Zoners does not condone smuggling into the houses, though we also don't prohibit it. At the same time, we will take no action against others going after Zoners who do smuggle. We wouldn't stop Corsairs from shooting a Zoner carrying Cardamine through Gamma, or stop Outcasts from attacking one carrying Artifacts through Malta.. The same applies to the houses. If it's contraband and they get caught, it's their problem and they won't get any protection from the Council.

As long as any Bounty Hunters show evidence of contraband when/if they claim bounties on Zoners, or some similarly justifiable reason for the attack, we won't have any problems.
-Aurelia Silvan
<div align="right]End Transmission
Comm ID: Mal, Chairguy

Delegate Silvan does have a point.

The CoZ can't and won't sanction this "enterprising" trader for beinng who he "is"..

He has broken no Zoner Laws, even though his "sense of discretion" leaves much to be desired.

However, neither are we bound to jump to his defense or "rescue".

There is a valid bounty in Liberty on artifacts.

Mr Severs was even kind enough to point out one of the very instances which apparently irked "Mr. Collard" enough to place an illegal bounty of his own on all of us..

If "Vacilo" wishes to risk life and limb in the pursuit of profits, then he should also be willing to accept the consequences.

Pair o' digms,
Mal
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday

Sorry, Delegates, and Mr. Severs. I find myself on edge these days and rather irritable which is making me short of patience which is never good for someone with a short fuse.

*takes a shot of Vodka*

-Doc
Pages: 1 2