Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Problem accessing the main page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, short and sweet, every time for the last hour or so, when i google discoverygc and try to go to the main page, or click on the main page link at the very top, i get an SQL error (if it would help to copy and paste what it says, just say), not the 'Max user connections one', but a new one, that i havent seen before.

This is only a problem when trying to acess the main page, every other page in the foum is fine, it is just that this is very odd, and i fear something might be wrong.

Can anyone explain this? Or even better, help me fix it!

Thanks
Its not just you, it was a server side error by the looks of it, but whatever it was it seems to have been fixed.
Hurrah... Kinda wish it was just certain clients though... Nothing to read now:(
For nearly seven hours now, as far as I know, the Disco forums got blasted by the script kiddie that bombed the server repeatedly. (At least I think so, the SQL errors I and others got suggest that it was a DDoS) It seems to be fixed now though, but keep your fingers crossed.
so it was a DDoS?

thats what i had guessed.... right before it came back up.
Either that, or to many people where logged in at one time. Although it wasn't the usual message.

:rolleyes:
I doubt it was anything innocent, I've only ever seen the forums lock up to max connections when the new Beta's were released for 4.85. I had suspected it was a DoS attack, but never looked at the game server since I was busy.

Gotta love script kiddies. Oh wait, I mean rofl at script kiddies.
Script kiddie only got the main page? He failed there then.
'Tis fixed now it seems.
It happened to me again, during the last hour or so. I just now came back and noticed it was working again. I'm getting tired of seeing that error page. I think I spend more time here on the forums than I do in the game, because I still consider myself a noob (at level 48!) and here is where I research and study and do all of my homework for RP purposes. Not to mention, I've still got a butt load to learn about the rules and diplomacies and so forth.