Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some questions i need answered...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday i was flying my Silent Night around NY, and i got attacked by two Liberty police ships, no warning or anything, regular "engage enemy" message... So as i'm trying to survive in my fighter, a Xeno passes by and saves me. To return the favour, i tracked this Xeno until he got attacked by a Liberator, later joined by a gunboat. To return the favour, i helped the Xeno, and the gunboat was destroyed.

The Liberator that was left, was armed with two shieldbusters and two rockets, so he's spamming and spamming missiles, lagging like hell etc...

So, with time, he ran out of missiles, but both me and the Xeno were still alive. He's too laggy for us to shoot down, so the fight goes on for about 15 mins with him persistantly attacking with 2 shieldbusters, unable to scratch any of us. Then, out of nowhere, a lvl 26 civilian ship shows up and brings the Liberator more ammunition. As soon as he dropped the ammo, i destroyed him. However, if i destroyed him before he gave his friend the missiles, i'd be open to rule violation report. So here are my questions:

1. Is something like this sanctionable, both from ours and theirs side?
2. Should something like this even be allowed?
3. Should people in this kind of situation, getting annoyed by enemy that can't hurt them, be allowed to fire up cruise and leave without 'losing the fight'?
whats probably what you d have to call a "loophole".

civilians are immune indeed - unless they looted a codename in front of your nose. BEFORE he dropped the ammo - you could not have attacked him, cause that would be a pre-emptive strike... assuming he would interfere with the fight.

after he dropped the ammo, he is a free game, imo - cause he activly meddled with the combat. - but from a RP point of view - he deliberately flew into an ongoing conflict and would expect to "eat a shot or two" for sure.

what is needed here is a player responsibility.

every player involved will 99% know EXACTLY what he is about to do - and what he ought to do. - the civilian delivering the ammo would be utterly utterly lame to report his destruction as a rule-breaking insult, cause he made the efford to fly into a combat zone ( civilians tend to stay away from those if possible - unless the combat moves to them and they cannot react )

edit:

about an enemy that is practicly unkillable - but also not able to kill you. - well... if we revised the "retreat" rules (which was suggested like several times already) - people wouldn t stay in a pointless fight. - but since such a person must face a 4 hour ban from the system, i can understand the light fighter. - he is not about to loose... why retreat? - you are not about to loose either, - you could as well retreat... its no ones or both sides fault.
I seem to recall a post recently that any by-standers are fair game. I can't remember where I saw it though, but anyone with a Civilian ID shouldn't be meddling with other peoples' combat and expect not to be destroyed. If you didn't he probably would have kept going back and forth.

You should have destroyed/tractored the ammunition first xD
Shoot him.

That supply-ship ceased being civilian and <30 the very second it jettisoned ammunition to supply your enemy. That's a lawful liberty supply ship - not a civilian. Supplying your enemy is the same thing as shooting at you directly. This has to fall under the self-defence rules, and it's definitely good RP. That's how I see it, but I can't guarantee the admins will too.