Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "Cannot use any ship with more than xxxxx cargo space"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello people!

I've noticed on my ID that I "cannot use any ship with more than 3,800" cargo space.

The question is, I've never used a transport and I've seen that some of them have "cargo pods" components that you use for, at least it seems, increase the amount of cargo you can transport.

Does the rule counts the base cargo space, which means the one who comes with the ship, or the total cargo space, counting all cargo pods?

Thanks!
Cargo pods do not increase the cargo hold on your ship. They are purely for looks.
Yup. And if you lose a pod, you don't actually lose any of your cargo, but you are welcome to RP it out.
' Wrote:Yup. And if you lose a pod, you don't actually lose any of your cargo, but you are welcome to RP it out.

If you lose a pod, you're almost guaranteed to lose your cargo pretty darn fast...
' Wrote:If you lose a pod, you're almost guaranteed to lose your cargo pretty darn fast...

Unless you've equipped your advanced train with MK8 armor :-p
Or Cap8, if we're going to discuss this sort of thing.
Well it seems that cargo pods are not only useless but make you lose cargo?
No, they do not make you lose cargo.
What the gentlemen above meant was, when it comes as far as losing cargo pods, the rest of the ship will probably go down soon as well.

In practice they work as a sort of ablative armour, taking hits instead of your hull.
I see didn't get the joke hehehe ok thanks guys! :-)
No, they were referring to the fact that if you're losing pods (they can be shot off by pirates) that you'll likely either give in to the pirate's demands, or your entire ship is about to be vaporized.

Edit: Marvin beat me to it.
Pages: 1 2