Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Quick question on RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just started my Sentinel 167 RP, and it led me to Omicron Alpha and Gamma, this was not intended, I was chased to these systems.

When I got to Malta, in RP I was trying to find out why Outcasts corrupt humanity with cardimine. How do they treat me? With "Get the hell out Freelancer". This was disheartening... By RoS no less.

I got to Omicron Gamma, Corsair turf. I RP'd that I've never seen Corsairs, Nomads or Crete before, that is the 167's RP.

They treated me with some RP, but they said I was underlevel, on further inspection, I was... I forgot to transfer more money, I was a 34. But they treated me to some RP, which is all I wanted, sure one Corsair attempted to blow me out of the sky, that was a lulwutter, and was told to shut up.

After that, I had to go, but I am surprised that the Corsairs treated me to more RP than Outcasts. While I admit, this was with a small group of individuals. Is this the norm?

I in Sentinel 167, only ask for RP. What harm can a Kingfisher with 6 x Adv. Flashpoints and a Imp. CM do to Sabre's and Titans!?

In summary, can I expect RP from Outcasts and Corsairs?:unsure:
Yes. Please dont judge Alpha by this experience. We have been getting a little worse lately, but on the whole, people say Alpha is much better than Gamma. And we are trying to keep it that way. Im surprised that a faction member treated you like this. Perhaps it is because Malta's orbit is flooded with rookie(NPC) Freelancers so most Maltans are hostile to them.

Please give us another try.

Brand Garrison 101st
34 is NOT underlevel. 29 is underlevel.
Its hard to say now, we don't even know what was the situation and why did he/them react like that, but I'm sure that was isolated event. You can expect role play from OC. Maybe they saw no use in speaking to AI.
Honestly, you could probably get the same results with any 2 home systems in the game. There are decent-RPers and half-assed-RPers everywhere.
OK, I'm reversing what I said yesterday. Corsairs, your worse... I came in, attempted to RP and was blown up within a minute of attempted RP. Why? Because I had a freelancer ID.

I know they hate Freelancers, but after explaining, they still attacked me, and by whose order? The frickin Order!? Since when to Corsairs take orders from the Order with attacking ships other then Nomads?!
In gamma,all unkown freelancers ate unfriendly/hostile, because in past lot of them tryed to claim bounties placed on corsairs.
' Wrote:In gamma,all unkown freelancers ate unfriendly/hostile, because in past lot of them tryed to claim bounties placed on corsairs.
This I realise, but what other ID can I used apart from an AI one? I'm not able to get one, and I can't find any other that fights right.

From this experience today, its going to be hard to enjoy the Sentinel 167 RP since its stuck on Crete.:(
Yeah... See, here's the problem with that.

Crete has waaaayy too many lolwutters in orbit, and Malta has waaaayy too many idiots who think the OC Dessie and battleship are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

In short, the New York populace migrated.

Neither is worse than the other because they have both been carved from the same stone. It just depends on who/how many pieces of said stone are online at the time.
You really can't say that "Corsairs have better RP" and "OC have worse RP-ers"... or vice versa. Anywhere you go, you'll meet lolwutters. Which brings the thought - what's the one thing that spoils even the best MMOG (like Discovery is)? The community, or, to be more precise, the OORP-ers and said lolwutters who're only interested in power-gaming. Chill out and enjoy the game whenever and wherever you can:)
Pages: 1 2 3