Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Who can fly the Yacht? Is gunboat turret mounting an error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well folks, I'd really appreciate if anybody answered these questions. It isn't mentioned anywhere on the IDs as far as I have observed, and yet, it has great manouverability, higher speed than other ships, a powercore capable of firing a gunboat shieldbuster, and a mounting for it. So, any restrictions? I've started to rep it to OSC, but, would like to know if it is available to all, or is it restricted?

Thank you
I'd follow the official technology use chart when it comes to such decisions (link).

The Yacht is, as far as I know, a generic Sirius civilian ship, and can thus be used by anybody except Gallians, Nomads, AIs and the Coalition. So, as long as you don't belong to any of the groups I just mentioned and have the roleplay to fly it, you're free to go.

Also, as you mentioned repping it that way, the Yacht is one of the most fitting ships for an OSC character, I think (being sold on their bases and being a very exclusive ship).

As to your question about mounting gunboat turrets on it; no clue, I never flew one, but according to the Stats, its powercore is a lot smaller than, say, a gunboat's powercore. Maybe keep that in mind.
As far as i know, the Gunboat turret mount is now bug. But it's not that easy to find a turret that fits with Transport turrets, means doesn't screw up aiming.
Why would it be a bug? It seems to be intended, so the yacht can mount a larger varity of weapons to defend itself... That being said, with its powerplant, it's no gunboat or anything close to one.
Yeah it's supposed to be allowed to mount the one. Mine has a cerberus because it's the only turret that syncs with the velocity of any of the transport turrets. And it absolutely destroys the tiny transport core. Get maybe 5 shots off and it's drained, whereas you can fire the 4 transport turrets perpetually.

It's basically just for show, but it does chew up NPCs nicely. Plus the yacht as a whole is just for show really anyway.
I did try out the Yacht on a Freelancer character to ship around some Vips. The ship is really fitting in RP for this task. But in the meantime I actually have been pirated a few times which usually does not happen to me on other ships and I have to say:

The double CM is not positioned right. Whenever a CD hits the Countermeasure, it is always near the engine. So you will be stopped by any CD regardless if the CD hits your engine or the CM right beneath the engine.

I have found no use for the GB-turret hardpoint. The turret mounted there fires only to the front. All projectile speeds on GB-turrets have different speeds than transport-turret-projectiles. If you use a BG-turret there you will not be able to hit fighters with any gun effectively. I tried that out in Connecticut. Even a light fighter can waste you easily due to your bad turning.

The Yacht has too few transport turrets to defend itself.

The Powercore is too weak for GB-missiles / Razors / Pulseguns (I tried that, they did not work then. You say they do now?)

The faster impulse speed has no positive effect. How often do you use impulse-speed anyway?

I dumped the Yacht in favor of an Armored transport.
I had that ship with freelancer ID. It is very nice ship and very fast + 2 cm:), I managed to escape all "road blocks" who wanted to tax me. About that gb turret, you can mount any tipe of gb turrets (but powercore is problem to) except gb missile turret and that is very sad...:( You can mount that missile turret but it will never fire (probably because that gb slot is surrounded by 2 barrier). I dont have that yacht any more, I needed cash so...:)
The impulse speed affects the thrust too (so 160 instead of 140 for all other transports (except the ku yacht) and 150 for gunboats)

But yeah beyond that it kind of stinks for everything apart from sitting in orbit like a pimp. I've had no joy with the 'amazing' twin CMs.
should said that the CM is useless earlier - i would have spun them around to spit the CMs in a better angle.

remind me of it again when we make another minor update maybe - or when we work on the x.86 version. - i ll place the CMs better then.
Yeah, CMs seem to not work even against NPCs.. I've tested the small transport turret from New London x4 and a gunboat pulse in single player. Works perfectly, at least when regarding the powerplant... maybe it fires a bit rarer than on gunboat, but the powerplant regenerates flawlessly untill it is ready to fire another pulse... maybe not bad against GB pirates. Anyway, I intend to use it as a bus for VIPs, tourists, maybe even refugees. Someone has to transport all those people to luxury liners, eh?

Thank you all.
Pages: 1 2