Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: BAF High Command ; CC: Captain of the Queen's.Crusader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Inbound Transmission]
--Streaming--

[High Encryption]

~Lt. Commander Jack Malrone.
>Queen's.Crusader.

Dear the BAF admiralty, Captain of the Queen's.Crusader,

A concerning situation has arisen regarding one of your Destroyer-class vessels, callsign Queen's.Crusader. This vessel has been sighted on multiple occasions within Liberty borders without the expressed permission of the Liberty lawful forces. This vessel was also sighted directly outside Manhattan and refused direct orders from Vice-Admiral McTavish to leave Liberty and illegally gained access to Manhattan's docking ring.

Obviously, this isn't a simple misunderstanding - The Liberty Navy demands a detailed explanation from both BAF High Command and the Captain of the Queen's.Crusader regarding this destroyer's mission and intent. Such a deep intrusion into Liberty space is a grave concern to the Liberty Navy - Protecting our citizens from any kind of military threat is of the highest priority.

We will be hearing from you soon,

For the Defense of Liberty,

Lt. Commander Jack Malrone

--Stream End--
[Transmission End]

[Inbound Transmission]
--Streaming--

[High Encryption]

Fleet Admiral Percy Nelles.
>Queen's.Crusader.

Lt. Commander Jack Malrone,

Sah

Bretonian Armed Forces High Command has no explanation for the behaviour of this ship and crew. I can only speculate that battle fatigue, or the love of gin, has addled her Commander's mind.

Perhaps their comms systems have failed?

In any event, I shall dispatch a flag officer to Liberty at once to negotiate with this individual commander.

Please spare the ship and her crew, unless you are engaged for some foolish reason. We are at war, and cannot afford to throw away perfectly good destroyers.

Regards,

Fleet Admiral Percy Nelles

--Stream End--
[Transmission End]

[/quote]
[Incoming Transmission]
[Source: Bretonian Embassy, New York]

As requested by Fleet Admiral Nelles I have proceeded to Liberty to investigate this matter. After discussions with our Ambassador to Liberty, Lord Braterford, who apparantly has spoken with this Mr Cromwell, Captain of the aforementioned vessel, on numerous occasions, I have come to the conclusion that Mr Cromwell is in fact not a serving officer of the Bretonian Armed Forces at all, but an autonomous individual in the direct personal employ of the Crown, to whom the Bretonian Destroyer "Queen's.Crusader" (formerly HMS-Ajax) has been leased from the BAF since 31st October 815 A.S.

Whist the status of the vessel has thus been acertained, the status of its mission in Liberty remains much less clear. Mr Cromwell insists he received his orders directly from her Majesty and indeed, the Palace has confirmed that Mr Cromwell did in fact meet with Her Majesty twice over the last 3 months. Unfortunately he has as yet refused to specify the precise details of his brief and Her Majesty's current illness unfortunately prohibits her from shedding any light on the matter. Mr Cromwell's only comment on the matter, as confirmed by the Ambassador, is that his vessel is charged with "lending due assistance to the Libertonian Navy and Authorities", a rather odd and vague instruction for Her Majesty to waste a valuable Bretonian Destroyer on.

The only concrete evidence I could obtain was the following brief statement from Sir Robin Francis, Private Secretary to Her Majesty.
Palace Statement Wrote:Mr Cromwell was indeed been dispatched to Liberty at the personal behest of Her Majesty, ostensibly for the express purpose of assisting the Liberty Navy as a gesture of solidarity between our nations. Unfortunately I do not have further details of the specific nature of the instructions issued to Mr Cromwell and, as such, can offer no further comment as to what his purpose there may be or, indeed, whether or not he is still in Liberty legitiamately as of this date.

As the position of the Queen's Crusader remains unclear, I can only offer the Bretonian Admiralty and the LN high command the following advice. As he will not disclose his precise mission I suggest interpreting his instructions as meaning that he is to act under the orders of the Liberty Navy to assist them whilst in Liberty however they request, including notifying them of his presence and intent and requesting explicit permission for autonomous actions inside their space. He should be bound by Libertonian Law and, if found acting contrary to their law or in violation of the orders of the Liberty Navy, he can be prosecuted as a normal citizen. Whilst non but Her Majesty can officially revoke his mission altogether, the Liberty Navy would naturally retain the right under international law to order him to leave their territory if they considered his posting there to no longer be of use, which the Foreign Office has assured me they would not object to providing due evidence was provided. The BAF, meanwhile, would technically retain the right to revoke the lease on his Destroyer at any time should it be considered vital for the war effort, though as a private citizen we could not order him to return to Bretonia if he chose to remain in Liberty without his Destroyer.

The above is my express legal opinion as BAF Diplomatic Envoy, upon consultation with legal experts on the Embassy, though should not be considered a definitive ruling should the LN or BAF choose to follow a different course.

Sir Stanley Nelson
Admiral, 5th Fleet
Bretonian Armed Forces
Diplomatic Officer

[End Transmission]
[Inbound Transmission]
--Streaming--

~Lt. Commander Jack Malrone.
>Queen's.Crusader.

Admirals Nelle's and Nelson,

Your quick response to the matter is well received by the Liberty Navy.

Quite frankly, Admirals, the attitude of Mr Cromwell is completely unacceptable. He disobeyed multiple, direct, orders from myself, Lieutenant Dawson and even Vice Admiral MacTavish. Although the Captain is not still in the service of the proud Bretonian Armed Forces, I would have expected he'd retain knowledge of "chain of command" - Especially when in foreign houses.

Quote:Mr Cromwell was indeed been dispatched to Liberty at the personal behest of Her Majesty, ostensibly for the express purpose of assisting the Liberty Navy as a gesture of solidarity between our nations.
Again, if the Captain cannot follow simple orders given to him by Navy officers, the destroyer's presence in Liberty is completely unacceptable - One must follow orders to assist the Liberty Navy. I also question Her Majesty's judgement in sending a fully-armed destroyer-class vessel directly into Liberty without prior permission from the Liberty Navy.

With all this being said however, considering the consistently good relations between the Liberty Navy and Bretonian Armed Forces as well as the Bretonian Parliament, we are willing to allow Mr Cromwell and his crew one chance to turn themselves over to the Liberty Navy. Formal charges against the Captain and his crew will not be laid if he does indeed relinquish command of his ship and submit to questioning. After we have obtained reasoning for the ship's presence in Liberty, the Queen's.Crusader shall be permitted to leave Liberty under a new BAF command crew.

Although the Liberty Navy is fully capable of defending Liberty's borders, if the BAF Admiralty or Her Majesty the Queen wish to negotiate such a "helping hand" in the future, the Liberty Navy would welcome it - As long as all parties are fully informed as to the nature of such military assistance.

Your commitment to this matter is much appreciated,

For the Defense of Liberty,

Lt. Commander Jack Malrone

--Stream End--
[Transmission End]