Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: new to the board here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New guy here but I been poking around and stuff.

I been in freelancer anonymous on off for a couple years now. I was like one of the first guys that bought it and ever since it came out I been on and off the wagon. I probably spent a boat load of money on games trying to find something that was similar to freelancer just to be disappointed.

Lately I've hit the ground hard with this new discovery mod. I think y'all did a fantastic job. We're pretty fortunate to live in the era of user generated content.

Oh one other thing. As slow as they are I love the gun boats and particularly the order gunboat, it's awesome. But, I been having issues with getting out of some of the smaller stations and having to revert back to my junker csv. Will there ever be a patch or a fix for stuck gun boats?

I read the stuff on how to get ships unstuck and tried all the suggested tricks but nothing seems to work.

thanks...
WELCOME to Discovery,

some basic welcoming stuff

Read the rules,jojn EFL, have fun

and join EFL

also HAVE fun
' Wrote:I read the stuff on how to get ships unstuck and tried all the suggested tricks but nothing seems to work.
If you're really stuck and even using afterburner while undocking doesnt help, wait for your speed to drop to zero and type /stuck in the chat console.
This moves your ship for about 10m in space and you can use it multiple times, but only at zero speed. It only works on the server.

Also, welcome to Discovery!

Enjoy your time in space, don't eat hotdogs on Fridays (or was it Wednesday?), beware of the Toasters (though I haven't seen 'em lately) and fasten your seatbelt.

Wish you a great time here.
welcome, welcome to here! Be sure you read the Holly Book.

For your undocking problems, i recommend, as Sleipnir, the /stuck command.

If you have more questions of that kind, feel free to ask.

Also, there is a special Skype channel dedicated to help <strike>new</strike> players.

Have fun! (and join GC)

And this black hole Eppyon mentions down there is not even near as beautiful then the gas clouds, the system background and the neutron star we GC have!
Welcome to disco.

Join the ]bd[ whilst you can!
Welcome to Discovery, mate. I imagine somebody above me has already told you to read the rules and have fun and all of that, so listen to them, they know what they're talking about. Don't go begging for money, we all hate that...

Anyways, there actually is a fix for a stuck Gunboat. You open a chat window and type in /stuck, which will then display a message "Attention! Towing Your Name Here:" or some such and warp your ship ten meters to the right. You might have to try it a couple of times to move all the way out of an object, and your speed has to be zero, but it works great.

Also, consider joining the 101st Outcast Guard, we're always looking for pilots with good RP to bolster the ranks and fight for the Orange Dream. Also, our Outcasts-Only home system has a black hole.
Thanks guys...

I got some reading to do.
Hmmm, normally I catch these sooner. Must be slipping.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. If you need help or have any questions you can always post on them here. There is also a player group dedicated to helping people in game known as The Angels. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet a great group of friendly players who have a lot of experience here (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here.

Most of all though, Have Fun!

PS I have a faction too:P
Welcome to Discovery. We're all nice people, even if in RP some of our characters only reasons for existing are to steal your credits and call you a cabbage (not necessarily in that order). However, even so there are groups who you do not want to be in the same system as:
They are the Nomads (Independent and impossible to create without admin intervention), the Keepers (nomad faction, invite only), Das Wilde (See Keepers, only these are infected Rheinlanders), the SCRA (Remember the intro? These are the remains of the Coalition), the Xenos (YEEEEHAW!!! *15), Mon'star(1 person with a custom ship and a fearsome reputation), and the Phantoms (No idea, just run)

Also, Tazuras (Who should post at some point) runs a Discovery help channel (on the very small chance that he doesn't post, the help channel is pinned in the welcome forum), and that is an excellent place to go to answer your questions, from "What is a good way to make credits to start off with?"(Helium mining in Pennsylvania), to "Where can I find out more about player factions?"(Go to the Discovery RP Factions forum and there's a guide there)

Good luck out there, and if you need any help, talk to [The_Angels](A newbie helping faction), the Skype help channel or any of my characters (although if I'm in combat, I won't be able to answer)