Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Power Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any place I can find the power ratings for all of the ships in Discovery? The power plant available on a ship is an important part of figuring out whether it's worth buying, but I simply can't find stats anywhere that describe the relative power ratings for various ships. Thanks!
' Wrote:Is there any place I can find the power ratings for all of the ships in Discovery? The power plant available on a ship is an important part of figuring out whether it's worth buying, but I simply can't find stats anywhere that describe the relative power ratings for various ships. Thanks!

You could run around and just findout by looking at them and writing them down...I did that, wrote them all down on a little book, and tried to publish it.

The only publisher that contacted me was "Big 13INCHER", though...

-------------------------------------------------

Seriously, What ship you lookin into mate?

I could prolly give some advice.
' Wrote:You could run around and just findout by looking at them and writing them down...

That's the problem. Some of the capships have a power rating in their infocard, but as far as I can see, most ships don't have any such data. I don't even know the power rating on the ship that I'm flying now... is there some way to look it up? The fact that there doesn't seem to be any way to look it up is the problem I am trying to find a solution to.:)

I'm not looking for a specific ship's power rating, just a general resource for comparing them. At some point, I'll probably want to abandon my Raiders Freighter (as much as I love that little ship) for some sort of Heavy Fighter, and power rating would be a huge factor in that kind of decision.
You could figure it out...with algebra(I'm totally serious here) and get an answer that is INSANLY close...

You take a bunch of guns that have an easy power consumption. Make sure all can fire. Fire once, and check what fraction of the yellow bar goes down. It's segmented, so not that hard.

Divide the energy used by the fraction, and you should get the total.

But, that's totally hard, even for me.

-------------

Now...Personally, I feel that PR is not a huge factor. Most VHFs are VERY well balanced PR wise. They basically have the same thing.

The biggest problems that you will encounter are:

1) Handling
2) Gun Mounts
3) NB/SB Storage
4) Cargo Space
----------------------------------------------------------
1) If you can't fly the ship well, there's no point to PR...
2) Some ships have huge firepower...(a ton of turret mounts) But they can't fire in the same direction...
3) NB/SB storage varies
4) If you pirate...
You're right... I could calculate it myself. And if I understood Freelancer modding, I would probably just dig into the files and read the values there.

I guess I'll just have to "discover" things like power rating, handling, etc. myself.;)Now to ask myself... is a Spatial still enough of a trading ship to fit my character?