Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Commands being displayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night, I noticed a switch in the way FLHook commands are displayed. You see the command you entered right above the actual command in light green text.

This is fine and dandy, but... What's the point in making it so that everytime you use /l, /s, /g, /r, you have to see the EXACT same message you typed twice?

It shortens the chat log, which makes it harder to scroll back and take screenshots if you need them for any reason.
The chat log has been made much longer... shouldn't be such an issue anymore
I have to admit it seems a bit redundant.
Also it comes up if you want to say anything OORP, //<message> seems to be repeated twice as well.
' Wrote:Also it comes up if you want to say anything OORP, //<message> seems to be repeated twice as well.

did that for me, except i said...

//did you get it?
and it simply said did in green letters in chat.
CANNON!

Call out the server monkey!

Seriously, those of us who are code-challenged appreciate enormously what you guys do. But yeah, what these guys are saying... I was in group chat, and put / or // in front of comments, and it'd put them in green chat.

' Wrote:Last night, I noticed a switch in the way FLHook commands are displayed. You see the command you entered right above the actual command in light green text.

This is fine and dandy, but... What's the point in making it so that everytime you use /l, /s, /g, /r, you have to see the EXACT same message you typed twice?

It shortens the chat log, which makes it harder to scroll back and take screenshots if you need them for any reason.

Hmm, it shouldn't echo any command starting with /l /s /g or /r . I know it was broken about let's say about 14 hours ago and it took me a while to fix this.

I've rechecked this feature and it works as expected, i.e. the /l /s /g or /r commands are not echoed.

If you see this sort of chat being echoed then could you explain the situation it occurs in.

EDIT: just found the situation where the oorp // chat is duplicated to the person who typed it.
//this stupid bit of oorp will echo
// this bit of oorp will not
EDIT: and i've fixed this particular // situation - if you find more post here or in the original announcement thread.
' Wrote:Hmm, it shouldn't echo any command starting with /l /s /g or /r . I know it was broken about let's say about 14 hours ago and it took me a while to fix this.

I've rechecked this feature and it works as expected, i.e. the /l /s /g or /r commands are not echoed.

If you see this sort of chat being echoed then could you explain the situation it occurs in.

EDIT: just found the situation where the oorp // chat is duplicated to the person who typed it.
//this stupid bit of oorp will echo
// this bit of oorp will not
EDIT: and i've fixed this particular // situation - if you find more post here or in the original announcement thread.

so do we get a patch?
i also saw it echoes with 1 /...

/hello

Thanks. This is expected behaviour...the idea is to echo almost all user commands, i.e. anything starting with /. We don't echo a few of the chat commands like /l because that's unnecessary console spam.

Yes. That's why it's fixed.