Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cannot connect help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Simple, it wont let me connect to server, though i see it and 190 odd other people are playing.

Any reasons why?
Same problem here, maybe its because of how full the server is... but if not, I would love to know why its like this, thanks for the response in advance.

-Hollaway
a) Can you see the Discovery GC server (and others) in the server list?

b) Can you connect to another server?

If you answer yes to a and no to b then unfortunately got a internet, firewall or installation problem.

If you answer no to a and no to b then unfortunately got a internet, firewall or installation problem.

If you answer no to a and yes to b then unforuntately your IP address has been blocked from the server. This might be intentional or unintentional. Sometimes when we IP ban players other innocent players get caught in the ban and we have to modify the blocking to let them in.

If you answer yes to both a and b then the server was full.

I'm having the same issue. All the servers show up on the list in game (rather quickly, too) but I can't connect to any. The "connecting to global server" message in the upper right does not go away either. I have run tracert and it seems to get to the first .cz domain and fail after that. I'm on Vista, so I thought maybe that had something to do with it. I'm running in administrator mode, XP SP2 compatibility mode, disabled IPv6 just to be extra sure, and still no change. As soon as I hit "Connect" it throws up the "I'm sorry, but a connection could not be established to that server, etc., etc.," message. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why I can't connect.
It looks like you're doing everything right but what virus checker are you using? Most vista connection problems are unfortunately virus checker related.

Another thing if you're really keen: download and install wireshark (from www.wireshark.org). You use it to monitor traffic to and from the server.

Set up a filter "ip.addr eq 82.113.48.5" and try to connect the "Discovery Freelancer 24/7 RP" server, i.e. this one. Save the IP traffic log to disk and send it to me.

By the way, traceroute and ping won't work to server anymore so this is normal.
I tried later on and it worked, so its probably just because of full server, thanks anyway
My A/V software doesn't continuously scan, so it doesn't cause the same problems as Norton, McAfee, etc. do. It's Clam, though. Specifically ClamWin.

I also tried to connect at 5AM (Had to wake up to take my antibiotic, so I figured I'd check while I was up, haha) and still no luck.

I have Windows Firewall disabled and my computer is DMZed, so the router isn't affecting it either. I even made doubly sure and set up a port forward, even though it's completely redundant.

I'll try running WireShark and see if I get a connection at all.

Also, is it normal for the "Connecting to global server" message to persist even after receiving the list of available servers? Is that related to Disco not using the real GLS?
Look at how much player there is in the server, if there is 198 or more, the server is full.
The last 2 slots are for admins.
I would understand if the server were full, but I tried connecting when there were about 60 to 70 players online and had the same issue.

As soon as I hit connect, it throws up the error message about not being able to connect.
I have the same issue, can't connect to the server, when i press connect button there is no effect at all. Any help?
Pages: 1 2