Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: *** Banned account ***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I tried playing Freelancer Discovery online for the first time yesterday and it was pretty fun. I wanted to log in again just now to play some more - but to my astonishment I got a message saying I was BANNED :-|

For the life of me I can't figure out what I could have possibly done to deserve this... the only thing I can think of is that I made a custom change to the cruising speed in the constants.ini BEFORE I ever played online, and then when I tried playing online for the first time my ship got destroyed each time I went into cruise speed and I got an in game message saying that cruise speed must not exceed 350, so I immediately changed it back so I could play online - but that's is all!!!

Please someone look into this and let me know what was the reason for my ban - and also unban me so I could play again!

Thanks!
Thats why you were banned then, speed modding isnt allowed.
Ok fine, but like I said I immediately changed it back to 350 when I was advised that this was not allowed. I didn't do it on purpose it was an honest mistake due to me playing the game online for the very first time!!!

So that's all well and good - but how do I get my account un-banned?
You sit and wait for however the ban is, I'd assume 60 days. Next time, read the Server rules before you start playing a server.
' Wrote:So that's all well and good - but how do I get my account un-banned?

' Wrote:3) Ban appeals

If you think you were banned for no reason, first of all review the thread where your ban was reported, and pay attention to the reason of your ban. If you are still convinced that you did not commit the action listed, you should PM the currently active server administrators (right now would include Fellow Hoodlum, Caylith; possibly me as a copy recipient).

We cannot guarantee that the appeal will be sorted instantly, but we will try to make a decision and inform you in a few days. Might take longer in some circumstances.

Unfortunately, we already faced several cases when players who appealed and tried to convince admins that they were not cheating actually proved to be cheaters. Moreover, they continued to cheat even after they were unbanned. Therefore, to unban we will need sufficient proof, not just your words. This might include your in-game screenshots taken while your violation was reported, and screenshots of your FLMM setup.

One more thing to note. We are aware that most cases of so-called "unintentional cheating" happen because players don't follow mod installation steps, deactivate previous mods incorrectly, and don't track their own speed in-game. While this can be forgivable for a complete newbie who never played online, it hardly counts for an experienced player. Even unintentional cheats will be sanctioned with 1-2 weeks ban, unless administrators are provided with proof that the player involved was actually not aware of what's going on.

Play fair, and be attentive to mod readme.
(the thread is open for replies, but anything irrelevant will be deleted on spot)

Though active Server Administrators have changed, this has not. Have a nice night.
Unfortunately speed modding results in a 60 day ban. Post in this thread http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10755 in 59 days to be unbanned.
Let this be a warning! CHECK FLMM BEFORE YOU START!
Cannon, sir is it possible that we can have a package that eliminates all the confusion? You download the "package".. 1 file, it has the needed mod manager with nothing else in it BUT the discovery mod so you dont have bunch of other mods. While you install the manager, you get a clear warning that says installing anything other than the discovery mod or editing any of the files will result in ban.

Or even better, you download and execute an exe file for the discovery mod and it automatically replaces/edits the original freelancer files that require to be replaced/edited. Once installed it would require complete reinstall of freelancer to be reverted back to original but who in the right mind does that?:)
Good idea if it can be done. If nothing else it would eliminate the "I didnt know!" option
Pages: 1 2