Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Cartel] members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You might have already encoutered thems in Pennsylvania, terrible roleplayers under the group name of "[Cartel]".

On my side I heard about thems multiple time by players that they were poor roleplayers, didn't take it seriously untill I finally met thems.

Docked with Allentown base to buy neon, once I undocked they were here around the base, fired upon by the base (they seems to be enemy with Junkers, although they don't seem to mind the base shots, thanks to the big shields)

They told me to halt, what every pirates says, I did. One of thems started to ram my Mammoth. The other strange thing I noticed is that they have no IFF at all, operating with outcast ships in Pennsylvania. Rogues seems legit or hackers, but outcasts, eh ?

Quote:CF Discovery Wiki :

Carrying unmounted IDs in your ship, as well as not equipping an ID, is a serious crime. Players using the Pirate ID must have either an unlawful tag or freelancer tag and their equipment, ship and area of operation must also reflect their tag.

So yeah, the guy stopped ramming me after I said in local OOC to stop doing that. I thought it was probably a kid. The funny part is when they arrived at "You did a bit of trade on our terrictory". Wait, what ? OK It seems from their point of view that New Berlin and Pennsylvania are outcast controlled systems. (Considering they stand in front of the New York jumpgate in Pennsylvania, I haven't seen the lane or gate fire on thems, neutral with LN / LPI ?)

I stayed in character untill they came to "Due to this, give us 10 millions credits."
I asked in local OOC if they were serious (considering I only had 1,5 mil on me). I had no answer except the gunboat guy opening fire on me, destroying entierely my shield and half of my hull. "These were warning shots."

Eh, okay. Usually warning shots resumes to a supernova or taking down the shield of the transport. That's what I encounter everytime I get pirated. Excuse-me but, pirates that asks decent things such as 250/500k credits or a part of the cargo or nanos/batteries is affordable and reasonable.

I told IC "I don't have 10 millions credits".
I received IC a "Then die." And they all started to shoot on me. (They were 4, 3 small ship and 1 GB)

Okay, Then die didn't sound to me as an engagement notice but much more as a warning. They didn't even try to roleplay, like as I said previously asking a part of the cargo or less credits at least. Hopefully I managed to dock before they destroyed me.

I'm going to be honest, I see this "Cartel" as a threat to the Discovery server itself, their roleplay is horrible, they don't have an IFF, and moreover, they operate in Pennsylvania which should be a little "protected" since it is somewhat the newbie zone. What are the new players going to think if they encounter thems and their horrible roleplay and mentality ? I searched on the forums for the word "cartel" and the only thing I've found is some sort of interview that mentions these guys.

I already heard too much complaints about thems since I rejoigned discovery last week (I used to be jessica.cannon, unity-x303 and some other AI ships which I plan to replay) and I really think something have to be done, if an admin come over this thread, could you investigate this please ?

And you, other players, have you encountered these guys ?
Not even reading this trial by forum. *Frowns*
Look, It's not. I'm serious on all I said and if you would actually have read it, you could post something other than a useless post :]
Indeed....anyway Cartel members are some friends and from what i have seen they are ok at RPing...but i really dont pay attention im usually off Rping my own stuff...

However if you got a problem file a report, dont try to start a trial on the forums, and dont try to rule lawyer it tends to have bad repercussions.

Edit: I read the whole thing btw. The whole threat to server is most likely not gonna fly, seeing as they have been here...as a part of the community for a long while. Actually most veterans of the game and forums are gonna view you as more of a threat to the server, because of trying to hold this trial by forum thing....but thats just my 2 cents
I'm not here to sanction thems, we're all here to play and not to ban each other. Though I think there is a REAL problem, that's why I posted this.
' Wrote:I'm not here to sanction thems, we're all here to play and not to ban each other. Though I think there is a REAL problem, that's why I posted this.

It's still just is a trial by forum! If there's something wrong with them, talk to their leader or an admin. Not us.
I saw 2 of them before in California. They were standing there in the Ice field and i dont know what they were doing. One of them in a Falcata, and one of them in a OC Gunship. They indeed had no IFF, which is already the first thing they can be sanctioned. Well, i asked them what they are in 5K Range, because they were Neutral. And when i was close to them i saw they had the Pirate ID. They normally have to be Hostile to lawfuls and they should have been green to me. But they werent. Well i just said: "Ah, two random pirates *coughs*" and directly got a treat of my dead.

Well: You shouldnt blame them for bad role play because they are actually trying to role play. Indeed 10 million is 'lolwut', but no need to blame them like that. Everyone started as Newbie on the server. But if they are having a bad attitude it would be bad for the server. In my eyes all what need to be fix'd is their IFF, they should read the rules a few times and think about fair play.
I havent actually seen them..as in their ships..so i cant say anything on the IFF but they have a website..

I know a couple of them used to RP the Rogue bit...i think one of them is Tarheels, and the other ones Slicey...but like i said i havent really seen their RP..but from what i have seen their RP seems...semi accepted most of the LN play along
They are not like yelling into the system:

OMG I LOLPWN U! DAI! D:

or

**** YOU! I REPORT YOU TO ADMINISTRATION!
(Seen that today)

They should just think about their Role Play a little bit. And sorting out the IFF, How can you get a Gunship + Guns without IFF anyway?
' Wrote:**** YOU! I REPORT YOU TO ADMINISTRATION!

I lol'd
Pages: 1 2