Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cant Connect to Server? Read here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, i decided to create this thread because of the many people posting 'Help cant connect'

This happens mostly at about 18:00 to 21:00 GMT. I like to call this 'Peak time'

I have had the same problem.

Firstly, can you actually see the Disco server?

If yes then check the player count usually at this time it is around 195+.

That is usually the problem, the server cant handle the amount of players and so it doesnt let you in. It isnt personal

In other words, you have to wait. I know, it sucks, but that is life.

Now. Check that you can connect to another server running Disco.

If you can then it isn't your internet. If you cannot, then probably your Anti-Virus or Firewall. (Sometimes IMs like xfire affect connection, disable them and try again)

If you are running Vista and have this problem - check you are running as an administrator. If you still have the problem click here

So - now sorted, basicly you have to wait a while, keep checking the player count, when it gets to below 190 then you should be able to connect.

If you either can't see the Server or cannot connect when the player count is low, the contact a server admin. - There is a thread where you can post your IP to Korrd for him to check it against the server firewall, post there. Link: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...&hl=YOUR+IP

If I've missed something or have a mistake then contact me
If you found this helpful then post here.

Ive encountered the same thing.

FIXED

closed xfire.
So far nothing has helped for me, and given that the server is full right now I'm not sure when I'll be able to try to fix it again. I can send and receive data to the server, but even when I tried connecting while the user count was low, I was instantly presented with the "Can't connect" message. Maybe my IP is banned? I'll try to find that post you mentioned that Korrd has running.
' Wrote:So far nothing has helped for me, and given that the server is full right now I'm not sure when I'll be able to try to fix it again. I can send and receive data to the server, but even when I tried connecting while the user count was low, I was instantly presented with the "Can't connect" message. Maybe my IP is banned? I'll try to find that post you mentioned that Korrd has running.

Can you connect to one of the other discovery servers? They are not full...
' Wrote:Can you connect to one of the other discovery servers? They are not full...

I cannot connect to any of the other servers either, which makes this problem even stranger to me.
Ok.

Before, the servers were down.

With me, I couldn't see ANY of the servers, even though my Xfire was showing other people on the server.

Anyway, I closed xfire and now its fine.
Basicly means your problem is with your internet or anti-virus.

Post what anti-virus package you have and if you have vista.
' Wrote:Basicly means your problem is with your internet or anti-virus.

Post what anti-virus package you have and if you have vista.

It definitely isn't my anti-virus. I use ClamWin. And I can't see how it's my internet connection when all other UDP-based services work and I can get data from the server (The server description and player counts come from the Disco server, not the global server, so I'm able to send and receive data, just not make a connection.) and I'm DMZed. I do have Vista and as far as I can tell, there is nothing Vista-specific active that could get in the way. Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, and any service that might try to stop a connection is disabled. I am really curious as to what is preventing me from connecting.
That actually does sound like an anti-Virus problem. When I used Avast! absolutely everything except Freelancer would work. Don't know why.

Does ClamWin use an active-scanner? If I remember correctly, that's what causes FL to freak out.

Edit; nevermind. ClamWin (according to this website) does not use an active scanner. So... I have no idea.
Pages: 1 2