Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Incorrect Ships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen FOUR well-known faction members in the past two days flying transports (trains) beyond their allowed cargo size. In addition, I have seen numerous and blatant oorp traders for factions doing things like using their house shipping train to pull into a hostile system and finance their pirate.criminal openly with no attempt at all to rp it.

I'm not filing any sanctions here but just wanted to point it out. I expect faction to be the ones never doing this and it seems a few feel its 'their right". So if you are mad at the indie power traders (which are numerous) consider they may have learned from you.
Do you have screenshots? I don't ask you to share, but is there proof and are said players registered with the faction?
The other day I saw a junker with a 25,000 cargo ship!
Corner, Benjamin, now...

//signed

Personally, as a Zoner dude, I find it more irritating to see a ZBT Whale fly by without Zoner Guard ID than I do the occassional "mysterious" Juggernaut.

But then, I'm just grumpy.

I blame Zelot.
I was just joshin

personally I haven't seen much of this, rather the opposite: people switching IDs so they can fly what they want. Looking at you, junkers with slaver IDs and corps with merc IDs!
Why don't you, instead of making a thread about it, contact the leaders of said factions these people are in and inform them of the name and circumstances so that something can actually be done about it other than complaining.. I personally am irritated when people complain about a situation but don't try to fix it.
' Wrote:Why don't you, instead of making a thread about it, contact the leaders of said factions these people are in and inform them of the name and circumstances so that something can actually be done about it other than complaining.. I personally am irritated when people complain about a situation but don't try to fix it.

That's what I am doing--doing something. You irritation is noted and irritatedly reflected back.

No, I did not screen it. No I did not initiate a contact to "correct" them--my quota this past couple of weeks for arguing with people on here is full. What I did do--which is constructive is point it out in a way so THEY could correct themselves.

It needs to be said because frankly, it isn't isolated instances--it's a pretty frequent. Someone in an advanced train limited to 3600 cargo by faction or using an oorp ID and who has been here for more than a year doesn't need me to "counsel" them. They just need to go, "Oops--yeah." and fix it themselves...and I trust most of them will.

I kept it general so they could quietly correct themselves and not turn this into a flame. Let's take it as just that eh?
' Wrote:finance their pirate.criminal openly with no attempt at all to rp it.

Ehh...you mean transferring cash from a lawful trader to a pirate (owned by the corporate trader's player) via the "/givecash" function? Don't see too much wrong with this, TBH, seeing as in RP, the trader's profits would only be gobbled up by the corporation, anyways...and the pirate's faction probably wouldn't charge for repairs...
' Wrote:Ehh...you mean transferring cash from a lawful trader to a pirate (owned by the corporate trader's player) via the "/givecash" function? Don't see too much wrong with this, TBH, seeing as in RP, the trader's profits would only be gobbled up by the corporation, anyways...and the pirate's faction probably wouldn't charge for repairs...

No--I mean loitering in system, docking the base they should be hostile to and doing it publicly when other players are present even.