Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcasts 101st had Great Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read a 101st post talking about watching the "mental state of cap ship captains"--great device and idea.

Factions can create a "stability review board" (or whatever--as "real as the Don's or Elders or Zoner Council) and query rp procedures and the like of their associates and "in character" actually certify their competence as a captain. This is true to real life and makes sense without taking away freedom. Gives you a chance to role play and teach in-game and to respond if they go whacko afterwards. Great concept in general (that I didn't think of even).

There--I have caught up all my brainstorm posts now.
Makes sense. Regulation by simply taking the OORPs out and letting people that can RP alone. I guess some people wouldn't like even that much "control", but hey.
The Junkers can read our mail?!? HOW THE HE-what.....we got our comms systems from who? The Junkers? DID ANYBODY THINK THIS THROUGH?! GAAAAAH!
It's a message dump, mate, it's open to the public for a reason:P
I was just kidding. I think its a great RP way to try and control the lolcaps. Perhaps the Outcasts can send Mirage Squadron to Liberty for oversight of its dessies.

P.S. *Laughs* I almost didnt add this after reading your thread-kill post Eppy.:D
I was just thinking:

"Greetings captain. Fine vessel you have there. You understand the great responsibility you have to command one of our greatest warships requires that we be able to know we can trust you--may we ask you a few simple questions, military officer to military officer?"

Then run down the list of things they need to know for good rp (keep it simple and in char). You engage in RP, get to introduce yourself and character and faction adn they get exposed toRP. If they "fail the evaluation" you warn them of the penalties and explain you have a "board" that assigns actions to such cases and introduce them to that rp.
' Wrote:I was just kidding. I think its a great RP way to try and control the lolcaps. Perhaps the Outcasts can send Mirage Squadron to Liberty for oversight of its dessies.
Great idea, just give me thirty mil for a bomber, and thirty mil for someone else's bomber, and thirty mil for a third person's... In fact, forget the destroyers, I'll stick with the money.

(in case you can't tell, Mirage 1, Mirage 4, Mirage 5, Mirage 6, and the pilot formerly known as Mirage 7 are all me. 2 and 3 stopped playing those characters, so it's now just part of my RP. Unless I get other interested parties.)

I don't know what exactly the 101st actually had in mind, but Tink's interpretation seems like a very good idea, at least.
Well, the problem with something like this is when people start judging others based off of certain observations that they make about them. For instance, it is very easy to assume that someone with poor spelling is a poor roleplayer. But from experience, that is simply not the case.

Evaluating players this way becomes dangerous when someone RPs a character that is simply a deviation from what the person in power perceives to be "correct" and/or kosher RP, and deems that player insane.
' Wrote:Well, the problem with something like this is when people start judging others based off of certain observations that they make about them. For instance, it is very easy to assume that someone with poor spelling is a poor roleplayer. But from experience, that is simply not the case.

Evaluating players this way becomes dangerous when someone RPs a character that is simply a deviation from what the person in power perceives to be "correct" and/or kosher RP, and deems that player insane.

As the only current Official Zoner Faction leader, this is just what i am attempting to avoid by creating "SHIZL", Pierre.

The new Regs could very well be a "bitter cup"; and I for one didn't want to drink from it alone.

Sharing the burden with other Zoner "notables", and hopefully official leaders themselves soon, will at least provide help with this "mentoring" thing, and at the extreme, help provide consensus on the (again, hopefully) extreme rare cases of "incorrigible" Roleplayers, without the accusations of bias which might result from a single person making the good/bad whistle call.

The other "High Five" also agreed that this should be done "in-RP", and "un-sheltered" as a Diplomatic effort, rather than a closed Message dump, such as a CoZ proceedings, or a "Faction Feedback Furball". Thus, we can "legally" receive feedback on our progress, and reports of possible "erratic" behavior on the part of Zoner players, while still maintaining the RP atmosphere to the fullest extent possible.

I hope it works. I may rue the day, and tear my remaining hair out.

Thank you for channeling the brainfarts, Eppy and Tink. Phew!!

Mal