Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Embargos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:That's because he forgot that there's already a Planet Seto in Kusari. LOL

And Igiss forgot the planet Munich was already in Frankfurt when the system was added. What's the point of saying that in this thread?

Anyway, if the BAF is allowed to get traders in Leeds, RM in Hamburg, and LN in Texas, the KNF should be allowed the same in Kyushu or Tau-31, at least. If that isn't already included in the ID, then it should definitely be added. Even if the BAF has a BS in Tau-31, they don't hold any of the Trade Lanes. That is enough for me to count if as KNF-superiority in system.
' Wrote:Because, frankly, the embargo was conducted to prevent certain goods from entering Kusari - as in, the places that would directly affect the Kusarian populace. If you enforce it outside that area, then you are:

1) Possibly stopping transport of said cargo to other places other than Kusari.
2) Wasting tremendous resources by expanding the embargo enforcement area to tremendous areas.

It is not practical to extend the embargo to Tau-31 and Leeds, because even though they are considered parts of Kusari, they are still not closely linked enough to become influential and or crucial to the homeland.

Sure it's not practical to send a force to Leeds specifically to enforce the embargo. If only there were a military force already in the area that could do this...
There's also a pair of Atkas and there had been multiple Ellesmeres, too. Oh, plus there's Saar and the Saarfeld. Kusari is just following the proud Freelancer naming tradition of stealing random names that already exist. :P

For militaries and traders, I think it'd be best if it said in their ZoI. A military vessel on patrols should deal with the enemy regardless, depending on their orders, of course.
' Wrote:There's also a pair of Atkas and there had been multiple Ellesmeres, too. Oh, plus there's Saar and the Saarfeld. Kusari is just following the proud Freelancer naming tradition of stealing random names that already exist. :P

For militaries and traders, I think it'd be best if it said in their ZoI. A military vessel on patrols should deal with the enemy regardless, depending on their orders, of course.

Cassini and Illinois both have a base called Attica >_>

But that's besides the point. I'd agree with Upper Leeds and those two Tau systems being under Kusari sovereignty. Isn't that what the war is all about? Ownership of those systems? As the war pushes back and forth ownership of territory often changes. Sometimes the objective in a war isn't to obtain territory, but I believe that's what this war is about?
It makes sense to me, at least. Clarification would be nice, and until then it's probably safe to say it only applies to systems with "KUSARI" in their Infocard.
I argee that the Tau's should belong to Kusari as well. I am frequently running Military Vehicles to the battleship over Harris with my bretonian trader, and it is alwys giving me a thrill, hoping not to encounter any Kusari forces.
I mean, if i were a Kusari officer, i would tear anyone to shreds who is supplying my enemy with war materials.
The Taus should not belong to Kusari.

Only 31 and 29, but Im still calling 31 a contested space seeing as bretonia has a base there.
Sorry, of course i just ment Tau 31 and 29, the contested space we are talking about.
Personally I have no problem with the KNF trying to enforce their embargoes in northern Leeds (ie Stokes to the Gate), Tau-31 and Tau-29, as long as they are only targetting Bretonian IDd traders. We are at war, after all.

There's a grey area around ship type, as I see it. What do we do with a Bretonian Shire transport that has an Independant Trader ID? Or a Kusari train with the same ID?
If the bases at Glasgow and Stokes were modified to now belong to the Kusari faction, then it is only fair that they get to patrol and enforce whatever they like in that area.

If the areas were meant to be contested then no-one would control the bases - they would effectively be abandoned.

That in itself may be a slight problem, in that there is little in the way of 'no-mans land' apart from the lane between Stokes and Planet Leeds.

So I say go ahead and enforce the embargo! And the BAF can get off its butt and go raiding via the Dundee Backdoor like they should be!
It's contested space because it's sort of back and forth. LD-14 is a little bit north of Stokes, and then Bretonia has territory in Tau 31 and 23.

Anyway, yeah I think you should be able to enforce the embargo, definitely in the Taus, and the stokes-31 jumpgate tradelane. But maybe you should run in to Bretonians trying to do the same thing. Embargo turf wars!
Pages: 1 2 3