Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vigilante ID Ship Restrictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm having a hard time figuring out why the Vigilante ID was limited to only the CTE series of ships, ignoring other public market ships (Kingfisher, Tiger Shark, Virage, Marauder) and the Crow, which up to this point it seemed like anyone was allowed to use.

There's no RP logic behind it, as far as I can tell. And there's no PVP logic, either; no one's going to call the Eagle a bad fighter, right? Especially after that being the most popular reason not to let Navy factions and Police use it - the fear that everyone would use Eagles because they're too good.

So, what the hell?

I've brought this up in the existing threads before, but no one seemed to notice...
Because Vigilante's, as intended by the id, are suppose to be lone civilians that decided to take the law into their own hands, hence they would have access to the Civi line only since most other generic lines have strong pirate ties.
' Wrote:Because Vigilante's, as intended by the id, are suppose to be lone civilians that decided to take the law into their own hands, hence they would have access to the Civi line only since most other generic lines have strong pirate ties.

The Kingfisher is sold on Manhattan?
Many? Really? The Renzu ships are civilian and have no criminal ties, right? The Tiger Shark is a Rheinland civilian ship, no criminal ties that I'm aware of.
The Virage is sold and built by Zoners. No ties to any other group. The Crow is generic, and is typically used by such groups as the Xenos and Junkers - who hate each other. DSE uses one too, I believe.

The Marauder is described in the infocard as a ship that anyone with the money can buy.
Given the freedoms provided by the ID I believe it was mandated that it be restricted as it is to prevent this very type of cherry picking of available vessels.
Kingfisher is sold on Manhattan, and is CTE-HF
' Wrote:Given the freedoms provided by the ID I believe it was mandated that it be restricted as it is to prevent this very type of cherry picking of available vessels.
The Vigilante ID is just a overly-restricted BHG ID, who don't get paid for the job and who can be considered unlawfuls by lawfuls (for no particular in-RP reason, since they'd be getting paid for what they do if they were a freelancer, mercenary, or bounty hunter).
Five tons of Flax?

G'night Gracie.
' Wrote:The Vigilante ID is just a overly-restricted BHG ID, who don't get paid for the job and who can be considered unlawfuls by lawfuls (for no particular in-RP reason, since they'd be getting paid for what they do if they were a freelancer, mercenary, or bounty hunter).

Think of a poor-man's Punisher. That's the Vigilante ID as I understand it.
Pages: 1 2 3