Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HDD failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i had my account backed up with the fl acct manager but my hdd just died and i cant get the file off of it... what do i need to do to get my characters back?

Codename.Viilos
Bowex.The.John
Taboo
I'm curious about this as well, though I have the unfortunate luck of not using FLAM to backup my account information:(
' Wrote:I'm curious about this as well, though I have the unfortunate luck of not using FLAM to backup my account information:(

a lot of good it did me i should have but the file on a jump drive or something
Look at it this way: You won't be the only one back in a Starflier again. And, one other nice bonus is that most pirates will usually leave us alone:D
i dont think that anything can be done... but i am sure that people will be willing to give you some cash to get started again.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40772
Depending on how your hard drive died you may be able to recover data from it...
well i am certainly not starting from scratch
Could you be a little more specific than "My harddrive died?" Sometimes you can boot off of a CDrom, and attempt to mount the partition, if the partition table is still in-tact.
stick the hd in a different pc as a secondary drive and see if you can recover them that way
' Wrote:stick the hd in a different pc as a secondary drive and see if you can recover them that way

the hard drive was old and actually stopped working as i was trying to copy the stuff from it to a secondary hard drive... it shows up in device manager but i cannot populate it or mount it in any fashion

//\\\
I was actually able to just get a program off of demonoid that could read the hdd and got the file... now just to install the mod and hope the file isnt corrupt =P