Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Requesting assistance. I'm a Vista user.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I've been trying to connect to the server for several days now so I can join a few friends who are already playing. However I kinda have issues connecting.

I run vista and have followed Dboy's guide;
Uninstalled anti-virus software like McAfee or Norton.
Turned off the windows firewall and windows defender.
Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled Freelancer plus the mods in the correct way multiple times.
Browsed and tried various fixes on similar threads in the forum.

Now, the problem isn't definitive, but it's either one of two things; I either do not get ANY servers showing up or when they do, I can't connect to any of them because it takes too long. I've been able to get to the server list just randomly, it either shows up right away or it just doesn't.

However, I have been able to connect before, but only once. I played for around half and hour before the server restarted and from then on the problem kept persisting, but the problem was there before I was able to get onto the server also.

Is there anyone who can help me? I can provide further information if need be.

(I used FLMM v1.3. And ingame it shows up the Discovery menu and 4.85 correctly.)
I suspect this is a firewall problem. Make sure your firewall is forwarding ports 2302 to 2303 to your computer.