Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Mod Won't Activate Properly...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I try to activate the new Discovery mod, it tells me:

Quote:"Error: FLMM has determined that 'Discovery Mod v4.85' won't properly activate.

This was only the test run, so no files have changed (besides being decompressed). Look into the log for more details.

The log tells me:

Quote:Error: FLMM has determined that 'Discovery Mod v4.85' won't properly activate.
Error: file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\freelancer.ini' doesn't exist

I tried using the back-up function but it didn't work at all. Could someone maybe upload "freelancer.ini" to RapidShare or MediaFire or something and supply a link for me or supply an alternative method of fixing it?

Thanks,
Ryan

PS: In-game name is Maleficus, same as on the forums...
There can be several reasons for this. Post of screenshot of the problem.

To install the mod:

1. If you're running Vista, right click on FLMM as select "Run As Administrator". This is important! Everything will go wrong if you don't do this!
2. Open FLMM and deactivate the mod (I usually use the restore backups option)
3. Delete the any previous versions of Discovery from FLMM.
4. Load the .flmod file into FLMM by double clicking on it
5. Activate it.

Your FLMM may 'freeze' at any of these steps. This is normal - just wait for it to finish.

If your FLMM shows version 4.85 beta 7 (or something like this) then you don't have the final release of the mod. It should just show "4.85" as the version.

If it will not activate post a screen shot of the problem.

See this post to download the final release of Discovery 4.85. http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9340
It keeps saying I'm missing a file. "Freelancer.ini".
' Wrote:It keeps saying I'm missing a file. "Freelancer.ini".

Post a screen shot of the error!

From your description I can't tell what is 'it' is or if there was any other text around 'it' and stuff like that.

Post a screen shot of the error!
Quote:It keeps saying I'm missing a file. "Freelancer.ini".

If you have reinstalled freelancer and it says this, maybe the cd is corrupted...
Alright, here we are:

[Image: vyla50.jpg]
It's alright. I got a friend to send me the file I was missing, I stuck it into the EXE folder and the Mod activated alright. If something happens I'll post back, until then I think you could just lock the thread. Thanks for your help anyway, guys.
Great..although you haven't activated the new mod. You've activated the previous version (4.84).

See this post to download the new release of Discovery (4.85) http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9340