Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Whats up with the forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week i posted in a similar thread, that i havent a prob. But now i have huge troubles. One hour was gone, as i first tried to reach the forum. Everytime a google message that forum is full. I dunno, where the forum server is located, but the games server has a 30 ping for me.

We need more forum slots, maybe?

Anyony here with similar problems?

Edit: When i cannot connect, chrome shows this:

SQL error: User igiss_db1 has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
SQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 24th 2009f June 2009 07:27:49 PM
I'm guessing some script kiddy got banned and is trying to fill the open slots with a Denial of Service attack.

Either that, or we're under maintenance. Or much more popular.
I get that sometimes
It's been pretty much ALL i've been getting anytime I come here. It sucks too, because since I can't play the game while at work, the least I should be able to do is come here and study!!

Seriously, are you guys being hacked? Or are you seriously getting that popular? Because I just hit refresh over and over again for the last 5 minutes until I finally got this page loaded, and I look over and see that there are only like 50 people visiting right now? Is that a lot for this server?
' Wrote:It's been pretty much ALL i've been getting anytime I come here. It sucks too, because since I can't play the game while at work, the least I should be able to do is come here and study!!

Seriously, are you guys being hacked? Or are you seriously getting that popular? Because I just hit refresh over and over again for the last 5 minutes until I finally got this page loaded, and I look over and see that there are only like 50 people visiting right now? Is that a lot for this server?
If I remember right we were script kiddied a few days/weeks ago. We are getting more populr imo since after 7pm GMT here, the server is full constantly, didn't used to be like that till 11pm GMT with me.

Maybe its the summer time.
I agree we need more slots. This require money though, as i believe right now this is being paid for out of pocket by igiss.
I don't think it's an increase in traffic, because I honestly haven't observed such an increase. All I know is that every other time I hit refresh I get an IPS error.
It's really really frustrating, especially when I'm making a post or reading something. I'll donate if it means we don't have to deal with this.
Several ways to handle it:

-Get a VPS or preferably dedicated server for the forums if we don't have one already

-Get better forum software (not sure if it would affect the # of SQL queries, but yeah.)

-Get a better host. No, really.

You could, for instance, easily put an ad on the forums, even if just for a limited time, to get a dedicated server.

Just spouting suggestions.

EDIT: There are plenty of options to optimize server usage (eg putting downloads offsite if they're not already, optimizing tables in PHPMyAdmin, pruning long-inactive users or aaaaancientttt posts, etc)
I'd be more than willing to help out with it if need be.

...Of course, if it was a (D)DoS, you can ignore all of the above:P
Forums messed up & made me double-post, sorry.

Delete plox:P