Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Delete your own messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most forums I visit have the ability for users to delete their messages (with moderators the only ones who can see the deleted content).

Can this forum not do it or is it an administrative decision?
Thats just force ya to think twice before hit the send button.

Anyway,why delete a post you send?,ya can edit the post if you do a error.

Suppose you make a post in a completely different forum section.

Or you make a message and you realize that you were completely misinformed. Or perhaps you misread another post so your reply is erroneous.

You could make an edit of something along the lines of "Woops, sorry, my bad." Or you can just delete it. But my question is: had the function been disabled on purpose?
Yes, it is possible with Invision to allow all users to delete their own posts. However, it has not been enabled by the board administrators. I don't see the issue with simply using the edit button to remove the message, or asking a moderator to remove it at worst.
' Wrote:Yes, it is possible with Invision to allow all users to delete their own posts. However, it has not been enabled by the board administrators. I don't see the issue with simply using the edit button to remove the message, or asking a moderator to remove it at worst.

Added workload, when self-moderation, without adverse consequences is possible.
I don't see what the big deal is considering I've spent years on some boards that allow you to delete your own posts without problems.

But whatever.
If so, you should only be able to delete your last post.
Edit: Rant removed