Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day ladies and gents,

I have been playing the mod and lurking the forums for a couple weeks now (my usual practice when it comes to anything on the internet) and I must say I'm very impressed!

The mod is excellent as is its community, and I'm glad to be here.

Freelancer is quite possibly second only to Star Trek in my personal ranking of sci-fi.
To find something like Discovery that expands it so well while remaining true to the origins of the game, *and* has a heavy emphasis on RP.... its a dream come true.

I have indeed read (and re-read) the rules, they are actually one of the many factors that convinced me to try Discovery; they're well thought out and conducive to an excellent RP/PvP balance.

I am not yet seeking a player faction (though I probably will in future.)

A Little about me (as a person);

I am a sci-fi/fantasy addict. I'm no stranger to role play in general having done so in forum settings before.
I am an amateur texture artist, and love all things both CG and programming related.
I dislike flames, abusive talk, and foul language; but I love a good logical civil argument and a good space battle (after RP of course ;) ).
My favorite vanilla ship is the Defender, I haven't chosen a favorite Discovery ship since I haven't seen them all.

Lastly, my name is a take/pun on El-Greco (for those who don't know, a famous artist) since I enjoy CG-art.

See you all out there in the great expanses of the forums or the depths of the final Frontier! :cool:
Welcome, Hope you enjoy it here
Quote:I dislike flames, abusive talk, and foul language; but I love a good logical civil argument and a good space battle (after RP of course ).
Then you'll like it here.

flames=lock
abusive talk=lock
foul language=ban

On a side note, welcome to Discovery... It's safer here.
Jeese, dont scare the guy away. Anyway, welcome hope you have a good time here.

I am Glad to hear you have read the rules and done some research.

If you need help or have any questions you can always post on the forums. There is also a player group dedicated to helping people in game known as The Angels. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet a great group of friendly players who have a lot of experience here (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here.

Most of all though, Have Fun!
'sup
Welcome , maybe we meet in space:)
Hello welcome to disco.
Hello!!!!

*waves*

Helooo!??!?!?!

*gets beaten with a big stick*
Oh pooor reavengitair! Such things always only happen to you :D

Anyways, welcome to Disco! Be sure you've read the Holly Book before going online! Or else you might find yourself having a server vacation very fast.....
Welcome