Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The // command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Well, this was a small idea before, but after spending some time on it...

We do have the following commands:

/l

/g

/s

/i

/fi
etc

But what if we made the // command?

Its more or less to stop ooc spamage in system comms. Only place the // messages would be allowed is /l /g and so on.

What it would do is it would give a warning first "Warning, you are out of character" after that its 50% of the credits.

OOC should be used in emergencies, yes, so maybe give 2 to 3 warnings before actually taking credits.

I guess I had nothing better to do.
I tend to use // and OOC chat semi-often when helping people out with non RP related issues... just the other day I had to go out of character to explain how to undock to a person who was getting their ship stuck in a base. Granted there was nobody else nearby and I used local chat, but I dont think fining people with an auto command is going to help the situation much.

The reason for not being able to pm the player needing help would be... Welcome back btw.

It would, actually, worked like a charm on the latvian server when filtering swear words.

Tho it was a lot more rash, you blew up and then your money poofed.
I think my Angel's funds would go into the negatives.

PM and /l is your friend.
' Wrote:PM and /l is your friend.

It would be, but sometimes you fly by people too fast to check their name or to respond with /l. I know I do. I scan them before I know what their name is.

Also, more than one person can ask for help, and some want help without having to leave their group and having to join yours, while they fly behind Erie or out of local chat range.

So, eh.

Not to mention there are emergencies where you need to use //messages in system. (Usually more than three are typed, due to character space limitations per message.)
Implement that please!
But also implement at the same point, that /l is the standard chat, and not /s

Other than that, I like the idea itself, but would like it be a tad different as described by Sindroms.

1. use of // in sys chat - green warning message
2. use of // in sys chat - 5 million from your bank account
3. ..... x. usage of // in sys chat - same as 2.
4. you use // in sys chat and removing 5mill from the character bank get them a negative money amount - kick from server and beam to Bastille
5. Finally there, the // user can contact an admin and explain why he didnt stopped using //, untill he was broken and in Bastille
6. If the answers are not satisfying for the Admins, they just can let them stay in Bastille. (just add Sanction Notifications and post on forum their Ban)

//edit:
Maybe make an exception to this for the [Angels] (all Neutral ID's). (via FLHook?)

This was all.
Enjoy the rest of the day mates.

kthxbai.
Isn't most of the OOC spam seen on system channels done without // anyway? Usually those who use // are at least making an attempt to use it properly - in my limited experience - whereas there are lots who don't use it at all and spam OOC stuff without ever touching the / key.
If youre going to get fined for using // then i would just keep my credits on another character and transfer them when needed. Or i just wouldnt use //, id just talk OOC.

Most people try to stay in character most of the time but now and again it cant be helped. I dont know how strictly enforcing this would help someone who doesnt understand what theyre doing. Itd just drive new people away if they keep getting fined.

Making local the default channel seems a more practical way of stopping spam.
Pages: 1 2 3