Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello y'all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I'm new to these parts. Never played on a disco server before.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to nurture this little Disco n00b? I've got an idea of what I want to do, but I have no idea how to go about it.

Basically, my aim is to create a Liberty Police character. I've already posted in their recruitment thread, but I have no idea how to go about creating a character before I've been accepted, with regard to getting a LPI ID, tags, etc.

So, if your a nice patient person who knows how to help me...

:)
I may point you to Discovery Help chat information. It's a Skype chat. There, all your questions can be answered.

And read the Holly Book!

And Welcome to Discovery!
Welcome to Disco, mate. The LPI will probably get back to you in that recruitment thread pretty fast, so I wouldn't worry too much, they'll cover those bases. Luckily, though an LPI is an easy character to set up, so if you can't wait for the official faction, just do LPI missions around New York, and once you've got yourself the tag buy a Patriot/Liberator and the ID (by the time you've got the tag you should have enough cash for the Patriot and ID, which are both still sold on Manhattan, I believe).

Also, once you get your feet on the ground consider looking at the Omicrons and joining the 101st Outcast Guard. Always looking for new talent.
Well, welcome to Discovery. The Holly [sic] book that argonaut talks about is in fact the server rules, which can be found in the server rules forum. Now then, about setting up an LPI character:
First, you'll want to create a name for yourself. I guess you've already put one down in the recruitment thread, so use that one. Freelancer doesn't like spaces in names so use a . or an _ , e.g. Rex.Mullins (my rogue). If I remember correctly, LPI ensigns fly patriots (the tier 1 Liberty light fighter) until they fulfill a set of requirements a link to which can probably be found in the LPI recruitment thread. You should start by creating your character, and doing LPI missions or helium mining in Pennsylvania until you have enough money to buy a patriot.

It could also be a good idea to create a trading character as well (just about everyone has several characters on the server), since trading is by far the best way of making credits (apart from possibly group mining, but that's just trading with some rock shooting involved in my opinion).

Once you're accepted, you'll need to find 2 million credits around (or possibly be given them, I'm not sure what the LPI do to welcome new members), to allow you to use the /renameme command (to use /renameme, simply type it into the chat box along with the name you want to be renamed to, e.g. /renameme BAF|Lt.Cdr.Robert.Jones (heh, I can dream, can't I?), and that would rename your character to whatever you put after the /renameme)

In Liberty you'll want to beware of: The Xenos (When you hear more than 3 "YEEEHAWW!!!"s in system chat, it's time to hide), the Nomads, the Keepers (nomad player faction), Das Wilde (Infected Rheinlanders) the Phantoms (Invite-only group of very nasty people), the Harvesters ("Intelligent" Robots), the GST(Who have been declared an enemy of the state by both Bretonia and Liberty), Mon'star (Just run), Psi-Borg (See Mon'star), and the SCRA (Remember the Coalition in the introduction?)

Good luck out there, and have fun
Hello and Welcome.

Be sure to read and mind the rules, though I would guess you already have.

As for ID and tag you can start by getting a bribe from Philadelphia station and then do some missions. After that you can buy the ID from any major planet in Liberty.

If you need help or have any questions you can always post on the forums. There is also a player group dedicated to helping people in game known as The Angels. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet a great group of friendly players who have a lot of experience here (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here.

Most of all though, Have Fun!
Hokay. I've read the rules, created a player with Civilian ID, working police missions around New York. Just about to go get my patriot.

Now I'm just waiting for LPI to get back to me.

Thanks for all the help so far.
WEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLCOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DIISSCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

*gets beaten with stick*
O.o You seem to like being beaten with sticks reavengitair... Anyways:

Hai! Have a good time here, and while there's not really a lot I can say to elaborate on what the above have mentioned I do have some advice. After you're set up, you may notice Liberty is a bit too crowded, or things might start to wear a bit thin after a while of doing the same thing. Make a second character and do a tour of the Houses, just to see if you like anything out and about. Bretonia is a nice place for the people, but Kusari's systems are eye-candy.

And remember, now you're here, Discovery owns your soul:P
' Wrote:I was wondering if anyone would be able to nurture this little Disco n00b?

Somehow, I feel I may not be able to.:lol:

On a serious note, welcome. (To all the mayhem.)

The line is no longer needed at this point in time.

If you still need advice on other things throughout the course of the game, feel free to PM tazuras, Swift or myself. In-game, you can PM those with [The_Angels] tag as well. (You can even create a thread asking for help, so I doubt you will have much problems getting along.)

Enjoy.:D
You will find missions difficult with a pair of Justices. Try and convince an indie or something to give you a hand. One of the LPI faction players should be willing if they're not in the middle of a lolgank.
Pages: 1 2