Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcast News micro-blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I got an idea to create a micro-blog where all Outcasts could post updates on what is going on in Outcast space. Often I see many indy Outcast who don't have a clue of what is happening, they don't know our current diplomacy, new or revised laws, and many players who were AFK for a few days aren't up-to-date. Sure, we have Discovery forums, but this community is so huge it is quite easy to get lost or miss an important thread. Many official faction members don't have the time or inspiration to write long reports in Message Dumps sub-forum, and aren't allowed to create their own report threads. I discussed this idea yesterday online/in-game with some people and they were all enthusiastic about it, so here is goes:

FL Outcast News channel (link)

I would like to invite all Outcast members, both independents and official faction, to contribute to this micro-blog. I don't wish for this to be my solitary project. Those of you who are interested can contact me on this email address and I will send you login information.

What will / can Outcast News include:
  • Short battle reports (You don't have to write a wall of text).
  • Interesting events that happened while you were online and that may be of interest to all Outcasts.
  • Diplomacy issues, news etc.
  • New "Kill on sight" hostile pilots.
  • Scheduled battle and/or practice events.
  • Good trade routes.
  • etc. (basically, everything that may interest other Outcasts)
Again, this is a micro-blog, so you don't need to write walls of text (but you can if you want to). The main purpose of Outcast News channel is to provide a quick central reference point for Outcast faction. If you aren't a natural born news reporter with perfect knowledge of English, don't worry, we're not trying to get a Pulitzer Prize. Even if you're not a native English speak, you're welcome.

OC News channel is a blog. This means it is easily accessible, well-organized and can also be read with RSS applications such as iGoogle Reader and Firefox live bookmarks.

So how does this thing work?
  1. Log-in to Tumblr website with our user account.
  2. Go to Dashboard and select what you would like to post by clicking on appropriate button (Text, Photo, Quote, etc)
  3. Write a new post just like you would here on Disco forums. Hit "Create post" button.
  4. Voila, done! Easy as a pie!