Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is Planet Sprague a bretonian base?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We've claimed it, and we've treaties with Rhienland for military presence in the system. That said, there's nothing on it.
I'm not sure what that means in terms of legal ownership. Its a territory of Bretonia, whether its property of the state is something different alltogether.
It's not like it's inhabitable, since there was a docking ring before Trent docked there.

I'm curious... why didn't they put a new one after 17 years?
i guess the docking ring was put there only for cambridge scientists to make research supply easier and after the nomad war nobody was really interested enough in the possible research to justify building a new docking ring. newcastle research seems more promising anyway...

future developement? perhaps a secret wilde or nomad base underground when all the nomad and wild gates and shrines and artifacts become activated and the next big nomad war breaks loose in disco 4.87
Quote:except the police do own erie.....
I disagree, as any Zoner worth his salt should.

Anywho, my opinion on the matter is no, they don't own it. They had a small research installation there that got blown to smithereens. As such, the only Bretonian presence there is dead, and for that matter probably didn't stake a 'claim' to it anyways.

That'd be like European and American archaeologists going to Egypt for a dig and claiming the entire Giza plateau because they set up camp there.

In fact, thats exactly what its like.
' Wrote:Anywho, my opinion on the matter is no, they don't own it. They had a small research installation there that got blown to smithereens. As such, the only Bretonian presence there is dead, and for that matter probably didn't stake a 'claim' to it anyways.

That'd be like European and American archaeologists going to Egypt for a dig and claiming the entire Giza plateau because they set up camp there.

Except the Giza plateau is clearly withing Egypts borders, that planet is in unclaimed no-mans-land, which is more Bretonian then anything else.
' Wrote:Except the Giza plateau is clearly withing Egypts borders, that planet is in unclaimed no-mans-land, which is more Bretonian then anything else.

No mans land huh?

so with a BS and 4 or 5 mercs i can claim it for me?
only reason it wasnt claimed was because Bretonia (and its obvious presence on sprague) outside of Newcastle and 4.85 Leeds is roughly 99-100% vanila, the docking ring (that they obviously invested in for a reason) was blown up in the Campaign, it wouldnt have taken long for them to build a new one, seeing as Planetform had already teraformed the planet.

But, due to Bretonia's untouchedness from vanila, it was never re-added. Lately it has been requested with it being stated that it was added almost immediately after the nomad war ended, which will hopefuly go through as it makes a lot of sense and is backed up by rumours.

Even with this, the planet is not yet developed heavily, bit like Harris and Cali minor and the likes, so it would be undergoing development, refugee transportation to there makes sense, though the jumpholes make leeds very close, so its not going to be that profitable.
Pages: 1 2 3