Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Another noob around
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody. Since i have already posted in some threads, and are playing Disco for around two weeks now, i thought it was adequate to introduce myself.
I came back to Freelancer after many years of absence, because a friend asked me to play it again on a local server for some fun inbetween. I then googled a bit around and i found...well, Discovery.
Since i am playing Pen and Paper RPGs since i am ten or so, i got very curious about how this RP thing could work with Freelancer. Aditionally, the FL-Universe offeres so many different possibilities for Characters, intreraction, roleplay and tons of cool background information and a very detailled universe which i am accostumed to by the P&P world i play with my friends here.
So i just started in a Starflea two weeks ago and i had tons of cool RP and nice interaction with other players since then.
I experianced this community as very kind and helpful until now, and i really enjoy being here.
Although i know the dozends of books of my other RP world inside out (i eat one of them every evening :wacko: ) i can't say i know everything about Dicovery yet. I tried to read the most important threads here, the rules and the Laws of the big houses but all together it ist still way to much to internalise in two weeks, especially if one has a real life, studies to so and a family to feed as well.
So please don't beat me up for asking stupid questions in the forum in the future, i really try to better myself.

So there is just one thing left to say.

Cheers to the very best Freelancert mod i've ever seen and hopefully meeting all you decent boys and girls in space soon.
Another n00b?:P(Do not worry, I know how you feel.)

Welcome.

The line is not needed at this point in time.

You seem to know your way around, but should you need help, feel free to PM either myself, tazuras or Swift. Any of us should be able to help you out or point you to someone who can.

In-game, if you need any assistance, PM those wearing [The_Angels] tag. Their purpose is to help.

You will never know, unless you ask, so feel free.

Safe flying.:D

Edit: The role-playing hub is worth a visit.
You know nothing of noob until you know me.

*gets beaten with stick*

WELCOME TO *ouch* DISCO!
Welcome to Disco! For asking your questions, i'd recommend you the Disco Skype Help channel. Details of it in this forum subsection.

And click the Holly Book link in my sig!
Welcome to the server, mate.
Though you seem of the intelligent sort and experienced with RP, read the rules of the server just in case, because there are some fair play clauses here and there, which aren't for RP but for gameplay enhancing.
Like you can't use cruise engines during battle or you count as fleeing, for example.
Just check it out to avoid any unnecessary trouble.

As n00bl3t said, feel free to ask any of us for anything you might need, and we'll be there. It's really no problem.

Enjoy the server.
Welcome, person.
Hello, welcome. Dont worry about asking questions, people are usually pretty friendly around here.

If you are interested I run a help chat on skype. It is not only a place to get quick answers to questions but also a place to meet experienced and prominent members of the community who can introduce you to others and provide real time feedback. If you plan on being an active member of the community I highly recommend it. Click the link in my sig for more info.

If you are interested in learning more about the discovery universe I recommend The Discovery Wiki. It is nowhere near full yet but it does contain a good deal of the basics, there is also a good deal about The Kingdom of Gallia, the latest addition to the mod.

I am happy to see another dedicated role-player here and hope you have a lot of fun here!
' Wrote:(...)stupid questions(...)
Fail! Stupid questions doesnt exist.:D
I am sure, that nearly everybody here has started as a noob.

If you are not sure about the rules in some cases, read the sanction reports. For me it was helpful.

Ah, and: Welcome
welcome to discovery, it seems you know where you are going, if you do need any help dont be shy.
welcome to Discovery. Seeing as you've already got some RP experience, you should fit in better than I did when I started, and better than several other people whose names I won't mention. Joining a player faction such as Gateway) (shameless plug) or the BAF| (another shameless plug) can help you get started and accustom you to the RP atmosphere, as well as providing you credits to set up a ship to start you off. However, the alternative, being an "independent" member of a faction gives you more freedom, for example in the BAF| nobody under the rank of Lt.Cdr is allowed to fly a BAF| tagged gunboat, wheras an independent can pilot any ship allowed by their ID.
Pages: 1 2