Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 3D System Maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont know where the idea came from, but I found a screenshot of the Chugoku system map in my freelancer screenshots folder tonight and thought I'd give a shot and making a 3d rendering of the system. It could have come out better, I may have to re-do the map on a larger scale so that the bases and such arent so cramped, but here's what I came up with:

[Image: 2mqj4sk.jpg]
Try Newcastle, may look less cramped:)
niice.

If only we could have 3d maps ingame...
ugh, newcastle would take me years to finish...

the images like above could be used as part of a ship bridge or ops room, though... like so:

[Image: mkd3sj.jpg]
Fascinating concept. Now if only we could get a 3D holographic navmap in-game... that would be awesome.
Lets put up a *lets buy the source code* fund.

Im sure if everybody put a dollar or two...
well...

is it possible to change the background image of the in-game maps? Or are they automatically created based on the system itself...

if it was possible to change the background, something like this could be done as a background image, with the icons for bases/ships being done as an overlay.
I was actually thinking about the other day, though I was wondering about the Sirius map as a whole and where all the systems would fall. I was thinking of trying to make a non-grid map of the systems and see how that could work out. I also want to know where the other Omegas and such are!
Its built from layered graphics sections--some can be changed. the info is derived from xml and other file info--some hardcodd I believe.
I want to know if it's possible to change/view/edit the sector map background. You know, the one with all the nebulae on it.

EDIT: Oh god I'm sorry about the necro, I didn't see the datestamps... It came up in a search...
Pages: 1 2