Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Letter "S"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings to all...
I have some annoying problem, every time when i'm in cruising speed and i'm talking with somebody over system chat or group char, in the moment when i press letter "s" my ship exits from cruising speed. That is problem when somebody is chasing me and i wont to reply him or call for help, but then my ship stops and and i m get caught.
I checked there is no bind on "s", i don't use that key for anything...so what is problem, does anybody else have same problem or...:)
S is your stop key practically...W to move forward, A and D to strafe left/right and S would of course be reverse thrust but its not. So instead, it stops the ship and reduces its thrust.
Although when you open your chat log (Enter), no matter what you press, they ship shouldn't do anything, except for mouse-commands...

If you have the chat log opened and while writting *S* it still stops ship (and the log stays open), I think it's some bug... Either reinstall all, or try to redefine keymapping in such a way that you will have no commands on letters.
' Wrote:S is your stop key practically...W to move forward, A and D to strafe left/right and S would of course be reverse thrust but its not. So instead, it stops the ship and reduces its thrust.

I understand that but my ship doesn't lean when i'm typing A or D...
' Wrote:I understand that but my ship doesn't lean when i'm typing A or D...
Read what I've told.
In 2 years i had plenty of reinstalling and at the end it is always the same...:(
' Wrote:In 2 years i had plenty of reinstalling and at the end it is always the same...:(

Redefine they key then, takes a sec and might work. Or if you don't want to reinstall or redefine... Just get used to never use letter S hehe.

As I said, letters should do nothing to ship handling while writting in chatlog, so you have something rotten in there.
That was same problem with Xfire ingame chating but i found something on their forum and now it is ok, I'll try to redefine or remove s key from my keyboard hehe
Remap W and S to be "Strafe Up" and "Strafe Down" respectively. If you didn't change any other default controls, you should still be able to control your speed with the up/down arrow and the mouse wheel.

You might as well map Space to "Thrust" and Tab to "Toggle Flight Mode" - takes a little getting used to, but it helps in PvP - you'll be able to boost and strafe in all four directions.